firefox download xml-error

Bug #424746 reported by Martin Thoma on 2009-09-05
20
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
firefox-3.5 (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: firefox-3.5

Description: Ubuntu karmic (development branch)
Release: 9.10 - Alpha 5

firefox:
  Installiert: 3.5.2+nobinonly-0ubuntu2
  Kandidat: 3.5.2+nobinonly-0ubuntu2
  Versions-Tabelle:
 *** 3.5.2+nobinonly-0ubuntu2 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com karmic/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I downloaded a file (http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-driver.git;a=blob_plain;f=utils/alsa-info.sh) and expected the download-window to open with this file as an item.
Instead the download-window contained the following error (german):

XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Nicht definierte Entität
Adresse: chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/downloads.xul
Zeile Nr. 56, Spalte 5: <key id="key_findDownload2"
----^

my translation:
XML-processing defect: Not defined Entity
Adress: chrome://mozapps/content/downloads/downloads.xul
line nr. 56, column 5: <key id="key_findDownload2"
----^

Kamus (kamus) wrote :

I tried to reproduce this in Karmic up to date and works fine for me, I have attached a screenshot for your revision.

Regards

Canale Grande (canalegrande) wrote :

I tried to open a ssl page (webmin interface) on an internal server and got this message:

XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Nicht definierte Entität
Adresse: jar:file:///usr/lib/firefox-3.5.3/chrome/browser.jar!/content/browser/certerror/aboutCertError.xhtml
Zeile Nr. 241, Spalte 34: <p id="introContentP1">&certerror.introPara1;</p>
---------------------------------^

Peter (pesto) wrote :

I have the same problem on a different website. When I try to open https://pause.perl.org/ I get following error:

XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Nicht definierte Entität
Adresse: jar:file:///usr/lib/firefox-3.5.3/chrome/browser.jar!/content/browser/certerror/aboutCertError.xhtml
Zeile Nr. 241, Spalte 34: <p id="introContentP1">&certerror.introPara1;</p>
---------------------------------^

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090924 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Firefox/3.5.3

This issue is not reproducable with: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17 (Ubuntu-1.1.17+nobinonly-0ubuntu1)

It seems, this issue occurs on websites which runs with an SSL cert from cacert.org. On https://www.cacert.org/ the same error appears.

More websites for testing:

https://debianforum.de/
https://www.sixxs.net/
https://www.bv-paed.de/
https://eventphone.de/
https://www.floss-initiative.de/

Non cacert website with same error:

https://www.win.tue.nl/

Maybe it's an issue with "selfsigned" certs.

Maciej Woloszyn (m-woloszyn) wrote :

Maybe it is similar to #429835 ? --> Problems with localisation, everything is OK when the browser is started using:
 LANG=C firefox
Unfortunately I cannot check it right now...

Peter (pesto) wrote :

I have started from console with "LANG=C firefox" and went to one of the https addresses (eg. https://debianforum.de/ ) . Insteed getting an error, I get the certificate warning as expected for the non-trusted certificate in english. That workaround works for me. Thanks Maciej for your information about the ticket #429835.

One sideeffect does this hack have. After closing all firefox', the language will be kept english insteed german in my case, but ok.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Bug attachments