Ubuntu

Comment 30 for bug 83118

Could someone please explain why patching this bug isn't an option? i.e. swap out the troublesome icons and replace them with versions that explicitly allow unrestricted reuse. Hardly a radical fork. Ok, someone with time and design skills will be needed, and it'd probably reopen #68180 for a bit, but that seems fairly trivial in comparison.

Naturally IANAL, but if a product is 99.9% open source, and the remaining 0.1% serves to identify the product proper, then to me it seems fair use to include that branding wherever the rest of the product is packaged as a whole. But even if fair use might apply, inclusion of the images in Gobuntu stills seems inappropriate - there's nothing that counters the substantive point in Mark's <a href="http://diveintomark.org/archives/2007/10/18/gobuntu-has-already-failed">Gobuntu Sucks</a> post.