Firefox intermittantly goes to home page

Bug #367117 reported by tram on 2009-04-26
10
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
firefox-3.0 (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: firefox-3.0

When I'm browsing the Internet, Firefox randomly goes to my homepage. If I click the back button, it goes back to where I was before. This is very annoying and happens frequently. It is as though my home button is being hit randomly. This even happens when I'm not touching the mouse or typing.

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: amd64
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Package: firefox-3.0 3.0.9+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.04.1
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: firefox-3.0
Uname: Linux 2.6.28-11-generic x86_64

tram (terrymcgag) wrote :
Fiftypence (joel-chimoindes) wrote :

Hello,

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. although I've noticed that it happens not just with Firefox but Konqueror as well. Stating the obvious, I would suggest this is a OS bug rather than a browser bug.

Please let me know what files you'd like me to attach. I'm a noob when it comes to bug filing :)

tram (terrymcgag) wrote :

I think it may be related to the fact that I installed drivers for the G15 Logitech keyboard for the led screen. I think it's somehow sending key strokes to the OS. I noticed that my guest Windows Vista VM is also launching Internet Explorer randomly. I'll have to look into it further when I have time.

Yep, exactly the same problem. I've just installed the G15 keyboard and
that's the problem. I've removed the drivers for the LCD from Ubuntu and
it's fine now. Again, will require some further investigation of what the
problem is.

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 1:40 AM, tram <email address hidden> wrote:

> I think it may be related to the fact that I installed drivers for the
> G15 Logitech keyboard for the led screen. I think it's somehow sending
> key strokes to the OS. I noticed that my guest Windows Vista VM is also
> launching Internet Explorer randomly. I'll have to look into it further
> when I have time.
>
> --
> Firefox intermittantly goes to home page
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/367117
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “firefox-3.0” source package in Ubuntu: New
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: firefox-3.0
>
> When I'm browsing the Internet, Firefox randomly goes to my homepage. If I
> click the back button, it goes back to where I was before. This is very
> annoying and happens frequently. It is as though my home button is being
> hit randomly. This even happens when I'm not touching the mouse or typing.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> Architecture: amd64
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
> Package: firefox-3.0 3.0.9+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.04.1
> ProcEnviron:
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: firefox-3.0
> Uname: Linux 2.6.28-11-generic x86_64
>

Rob Johnson (sk8boy189) wrote :

Same problem here

Fiftypence (joel-chimoindes) wrote :

Do you have a G15 keyboard by any chance?

Rob Johnson wrote:
> Same problem here
>
>

Rob Johnson (sk8boy189) wrote :

Yes I removed the g15daemon package and no longer have the problem, I would
like to be able to use it, I was using it in 8.10 without this problem.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Fiftypence <email address hidden>wrote:

> Do you have a G15 keyboard by any chance?
>
>
> Rob Johnson wrote:
> > Same problem here
> >
> >
>
> --
> Firefox intermittantly goes to home page
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/367117
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “firefox-3.0” source package in Ubuntu: New
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: firefox-3.0
>
> When I'm browsing the Internet, Firefox randomly goes to my homepage. If I
> click the back button, it goes back to where I was before. This is very
> annoying and happens frequently. It is as though my home button is being
> hit randomly. This even happens when I'm not touching the mouse or typing.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> Architecture: amd64
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
> Package: firefox-3.0 3.0.9+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.04.1
> ProcEnviron:
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: firefox-3.0
> Uname: Linux 2.6.28-11-generic x86_64
>

--
Thanks,
Robert Johnson

John Vivirito (gnomefreak) wrote :

This bug is not related to firefox but more of keyboard set up drivers. if they are from Ubuntu repos please file a bug against them if not than we dont support them. but please make it a different bug so it doesnt have all the extra firefox trafic on it

Changed in firefox-3.0 (Ubuntu):
status: New → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers