f-spot cannot show the photo which filename contain chinese words.

Bug #37096 reported by elleryq on 2006-03-28
10
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
f-spot (Ubuntu)
Medium
Andrew Mitchell

Bug Description

f-spot cannot show the photo which filename contain chinese words.
But the photo contained only english words([0-9][A-Z][a-z][-.]) can be show correctly.

Carthik Sharma (carthik) wrote :

What locale are you using on your system?
What charset is your input in?
Are there any error messages?
These question will help you answer if it is a localization problem, or a problem with f-spot and your character set.

Please provide all the additional information you can provide regarding the language setup on your computer.

Changed in f-spot:
status: Unconfirmed → Needs Info
Andrew Mitchell (ajmitch) wrote :

Also, which versions of f-spot and mono are you running?

Changed in f-spot:
assignee: nobody → ajmitch
elleryq (elleryq) wrote :

1. My locale is zh_TW.UTF-8
2. The filename's charset is utf-8. It can display correctly when I use file manager.
3. In GUI, there are no error messages. I will try to execute f-spot in gnome-terminal to see more messages.

I use the latest f-spot and mono which was released by dapper.
Later I will report the actual version.

Thanks.

elleryq (elleryq) wrote :

mono: 1.1.13.4
f-spot: 0.1.11

I tried to execute f-spot in gnome-terminal.
This is the major error message:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/ellery/Photos/2006/2/25/039-c-19.jpg". : /home/ellery/Photos/2006/2/25/039-c-19.jpg
The real filename is /home/ellery/Photos/2006/2/25/039-花季-19-1.jpg

So it seems the filename in database is wrong.
These photos were imported in previous version.
They can be shown correctly in previous version. After I upgraded, they were gone.

Then I remove them and import them again.
They are appeared again.

I will keep tracking.
Sorry for bothering.

Andrew Mitchell (ajmitch) wrote :

No need to apologise, this is probably due to an encoding bug that crept in before 0.1.11 was uploaded. 0.1.11 sets the sqlite database encoding to UTF-8 also, so it may have been originally imported with an incorrect encoding

Andrew Mitchell (ajmitch) wrote :

Closing as F-Spot using UTF-8 throughout now.

Changed in f-spot:
status: Needs Info → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers