Comment 11 for bug 297406

LinuxGuyInVA (ppmurphy) wrote :

I don't think this is a 64-bit or AMD issue. Running 32-bit:

: samhain_pmurphy; uname -a
Linux samhain 2.6.27-7-generic #1 SMP Tue Nov 4 19:33:20 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
: samhain_pmurphy; cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep ^model\ name
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.86GHz
: samhain_pmurphy;

and I get the same symptoms: f-spot (which was working fine under 8.04) no longer works
after I upgraded (not re-installed) to 8.10. Debug trace below.

One other point: I have the screen saver set to show f-spot favourites, and *that* continued
to work up to the point where I tried running f-spot from the command line. This was after the
8.10 upgrade.

Finally, I ran it from my regular account (which had thousands of imported photos) and also
from a "virgin" clean account which had never run f-spot before. Same end result (f-spot died)
but different traceback. Also shown below (2nd traceback).

: samhain_pmurphy; f-spot --debug
** Running f-spot in Debug Mode **
** Running Mono with --debug **
[Info 14:27:43.508] Initializing DBus
[Debug 14:27:43.739] DBusInitialization took 0.20894s
[Info 14:27:43.739] Initializing Mono.Addins
[Debug 14:27:44.098] Mono.Addins Initialization took 0.35828s
[Info 14:27:44.110] Starting new FSpot server
[Debug 14:27:44.461] Db Initialization took 0.155755s
[Debug 14:27:45.084] QueryToTemp took 0.000943s : SELECT id, time, uri, description, roll_id, default_version_id, rating, md5_sum FROM photos WHERE id NOT IN (SELECT photo_id FROM photo_tags WHERE tag_id = 2) ORDER BY time DESC
The program 'f-spot' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)'.
  (Details: serial 332 error_code 1 request_code 143 minor_code 19)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
**
ERROR:../../mono/io-layer/handles-private.h:160:_wapi_handle_set_signal_state: assertion failed: (thr_ret == 0)
Stacktrace:

  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.NativeEventCalls.SetEvent_internal (intptr) <0x00004>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Threading.NativeEventCalls.SetEvent_internal (intptr) <0xffffffff>
  at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set () <0x0001c>
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set () <0xffffffff>
  at Banshee.Database.QueuedSqliteDatabase.QueueCommand (Banshee.Database.QueuedSqliteCommand) <0x0007b>
  at Banshee.Database.QueuedSqliteDatabase.ExecuteNonQuery (Banshee.Database.DbCommand) <0x00038>
  at Banshee.Database.QueuedSqliteDatabase.ExecuteNonQuery (object) <0x00035>
  at PhotoStore.PhotosPerMonth (FSpot.Query.IQueryCondition[]) <0x00073>
  at FSpot.TimeAdaptor.DoReload () <0x0008a>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) System.Object.runtime_invoke_void (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

 f-spot [0x817b4ae]
 [0xb7f5c410]
 /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(abort+0x188) [0xb7ced248]
 /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_assertion_message+0x123) [0xb7ec1b73]
 /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 [0xb7ec209d]
 f-spot [0x8111db2]
 f-spot [0x8112b7a]
 f-spot [0x8111af9]
 [0xb597c04f]
 [0xb597bffd]
 [0xb597bfaf]
 [0xb597bd64]
 [0xb5982b51]
 [0xb5982afe]
 [0xb41ebd34]
 [0xb42f5233]
 [0xb5bd38f1]
 f-spot(mono_runtime_delegate_invoke+0x35) [0x8098c55]
 f-spot [0x80d5fdf]
 f-spot [0x81279de]
 f-spot [0x813ff75]
 /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 [0xb7e4a50f]
 /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e) [0xb7da17ee]
: samhain_pmurphy;

 - - -

"Virgin" account:

ppmurphy@samhain:~$ f-spot --debug
** No session dbus found. Starting one **
** Running f-spot in Debug Mode **
** Running Mono with --debug **
[Info 14:38:43.730] Initializing DBus
[Debug 14:38:43.981] DBusInitialization took 0.191078s
[Info 14:38:43.983] Initializing Mono.Addins
[Debug 14:38:44.326] Mono.Addins Initialization took 0.340461s
[Info 14:38:44.353] Starting new FSpot server
[Debug 14:38:44.694] Db Initialization took 0.143254s
[Debug 14:38:45.283] QueryToTemp took 0.000937s : SELECT id, time, uri, description, roll_id, default_version_id, rating, md5_sum FROM photos WHERE id NOT IN (SELECT photo_id FROM photo_tags WHERE tag_id = 2) ORDER BY time DESC
The program 'f-spot' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)'.
  (Details: serial 329 error_code 1 request_code 143 minor_code 19)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
[Debug 14:38:45.530] PhotosPerMonth took 0.009421s
[Debug 14:38:45.534] TimeAdaptor REAL Reload took 0.216873s
ppmurphy@samhain:~$