Ubuntu

Comment 50 for bug 205999

Holger (holger-burkhardt) wrote :

@hgddh: I did not get the hardy packages with a simple 'sudo aptitude update; sudo aptitude upgrade'. Is there an error with the repository (non-updated package list?!) or is something messed up with my system? I installed manually:
ii evolution-data-server 2.22.3-0ubuntu3ppa5
ii evolution-data-server-common 2.22.3-0ubuntu3ppa5
Hope that is all what was needed.

With this update, the problem seems solved (see screenschot in attachment). Outlook Web Access also shows the attachment names correctly (no screenshot attached). Thanks to everyone involved!

As a sidenote:
I did a comparison of the e-mail headers seen from within evolution (Ctrl+U to see the "source code" of the message, scrapping out the message content that also shows up) and of the e-mail headers seen from within outlook (via message properties, only "headers" schown, no content in-between):

holger@RL-U200:~/temp/evotests$ diff headers-seen-from-evo.txt headers-seen-from-outlook.txt
3c3
< Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
---
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
6,8c6,8
< Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=Äbölü.txt
< Content-Type: text/plain; name=Äbölü.txt; charset=UTF-8
< Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
---
> Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=Äbölü.txt
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
> Content-Type: text/plain; name=Äbölü.txt; charset=UTF-8
11,13c11,13
< Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Äbö lü.txt"
< Content-Type: text/plain; name="Äbö lü.txt"; charset=UTF-8
< Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
---
> Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Äbö lü.txt"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
> Content-Type: text/plain; name="Äbö lü.txt"; charset=UTF-8
16,17c16,17
< Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=Hélène_photo.jpg
< Content-Type: image/jpeg; name=Hélène_photo.jpg
---
> Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=Hélène_photo.jpg
> Content-Type: image/jpeg; name=Hélène_photo.jpg
31,33c31,33
< Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="zurück is back.whatever"
< Content-Type: text/plain; name="zurück is back.whatever"; charset=UTF-8
< Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
---
> Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="zurück is back.whatever"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
> Content-Type: text/plain; name="zurück is back.whatever"; charset=UTF-8

It is interesting to see that they show differences! I leave it to the experts to interpret the meaning (if any).
Furthermore, in the headers-view of outlook, the filenames show up "ugly", whereas in the usual Outlook-view of messages, they show up nice and clean as desired.

Hope this provides all the necessary information to the evo-hackers out there that cannot and have not to access outlook/exchange.

Thanks again to everyone involved to have (hopefully completely) solved this problem.