First few(4) lines in the pdf do not get printed

Bug #511486 reported by narayana on 2010-01-23
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
evince (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: evince

The print preview displays the page contents of the pdf correctly, but when printed (on two seperate printers HP 1500 series and HP 2000 series) the printed page does not contain the top margin, nor are the first 4 to 6 lines printed.

We use ubuntu 9.04, evince 2.26.1

I checked and changed the print settings, to no avail. Any gurus, please help.

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/evince
Package: evince 2.26.1-0ubuntu1
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=(custom, user)
 LANG=en_IN
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: evince
Uname: Linux 2.6.28-13-generic i686

narayana (samanarayan) wrote :
madbiologist (me-again) wrote :

Please check that the paper size setting in your printer configuration matches the size of the paper that is actually in your printer. The default size is usually US Letter, here in Australia we normally use A4 paper and so the size setting must be changed to A4.

If this is not the cause of the problem, please attach a PDF which causes this problem to this bug report.

Finally, are you able to try the Karmic 9.10 live CD with one of these problem PDF's?

Pedro Villavicencio (pedro) wrote :

are those lines printed if you print to pdf? could you attach that file to the report? Thanks in advance.

Changed in evince (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Low
status: New → Incomplete

kindly give me a day.. will send the pdfs. Thank you for the prompt response.

-narayana

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Pedro Villavicencio <email address hidden> wrote:
> are those lines printed if you print to pdf? could you attach that file
> to the report? Thanks in advance.
>
> ** Changed in: evince (Ubuntu)
>   Importance: Undecided => Low
>
> ** Changed in: evince (Ubuntu)
>       Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> First few(4) lines in the pdf do not get printed
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/511486
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “evince” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: evince
>
> The print preview displays the page contents of the pdf correctly, but when printed (on two seperate printers HP 1500 series and HP 2000 series) the printed page does not contain the top margin, nor are the first 4 to 6 lines printed.
>
> We use ubuntu 9.04, evince 2.26.1
>
> I checked and changed the print settings, to no avail.  Any gurus, please help.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> Architecture: i386
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/evince
> Package: evince 2.26.1-0ubuntu1
> ProcEnviron:
>  PATH=(custom, user)
>  LANG=en_IN
>  SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: evince
> Uname: Linux 2.6.28-13-generic i686
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/511486/+subscribe
>

--
తెలుగులో అన్నీ నేర్చుకోవచ్చు... ఇంగ్లీషుకూడా!

Victor Vargas (kamus) wrote :

@narayana, any news about this issue? please could you check if this problem is still occurring in latest release included in Ubuntu Lucid? Thanks!

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

[Expired for evince (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

Changed in evince (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers