Invisible status is not working in Empathy 2.30.2

Bug #635603 reported by Ankur Joshi on 2010-09-11
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
empathy (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 & have Empathy 2.30.2
When I set the status as 'Invisible' ; In my own status bar it shows correctly as 'Invisible' ... but to my friends at opposite end it appears 'BUSY' ... even my notification icon on panel shows 'BUSY'

Gabe Gorelick (gabegorelick) wrote :

Reassigning to empathy.

affects: ubuntu → empathy (Ubuntu)
Omer Akram (om26er) wrote :

thanks for the bug report. is the problem happening with gtalk?

Changed in empathy (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Low
status: New → Incomplete

no. not happening with gtalk & in gmail chat ... only happening with empathy

Regards,
Ankur Joshi

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Omer Akram <email address hidden> wrote:

> thanks for the bug report. is the problem happening with gtalk?
>
> ** Changed in: empathy (Ubuntu)
> Importance: Undecided => Low
>
> ** Changed in: empathy (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> Invisible status is not working in Empathy 2.30.2
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/635603
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> I am using Ubuntu 10.04 & have Empathy 2.30.2
> When I set the status as 'Invisible' ; In my own status bar it shows
> correctly as 'Invisible' ... but to my friends at opposite end it appears
> 'BUSY' ... even my notification icon on panel shows 'BUSY'
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/635603/+subscribe
>

Omer Akram (om26er) wrote :

I mean which type of chat account are you using in empathy is it gtalk
account?

Ankur Joshi (pharmankur) wrote :

yes Gtalk account as well as yahoo account...

Regards,
Ankur Joshi

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 3:32 AM, Omer Akram <email address hidden> wrote:

> I mean which type of chat account are you using in empathy is it gtalk
> account?
>
> --
> Invisible status is not working in Empathy 2.30.2
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/635603
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> I am using Ubuntu 10.04 & have Empathy 2.30.2
> When I set the status as 'Invisible' ; In my own status bar it shows
> correctly as 'Invisible' ... but to my friends at opposite end it appears
> 'BUSY' ... even my notification icon on panel shows 'BUSY'
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/635603/+subscribe
>

Omer Akram (om26er) wrote :

Thanks for the bug report. This particular bug has already been reported and is a duplicate of bug 257190, so is being marked as such. Any further discussion regarding the bug should occur in the other report. Feel free to report any other bugs you may find.

Changed in empathy (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → New
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers