FTBFS: dh_auto_test: make -j1 check returned exit code 2

Bug #1251887 reported by Andreas Moog on 2013-11-16
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
ekg2 (Ubuntu)
High
Unassigned

Bug Description

============================================================================
Testsuite summary for ekg2 git
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 2
# PASS: 1
# SKIP: 0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL: 1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
============================================================================
See ./test-suite.log
============================================================================
make[5]: *** [test-suite.log] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/andreas/temp/ekg2-0.4~pre+20120506.1'
make[4]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/andreas/temp/ekg2-0.4~pre+20120506.1'
make[3]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/andreas/temp/ekg2-0.4~pre+20120506.1'
make[2]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/andreas/temp/ekg2-0.4~pre+20120506.1'
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/devel/andreas/temp/ekg2-0.4~pre+20120506.1'
dh_auto_test: make -j1 check returned exit code 2
make: *** [build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

The test-suite.log contains:

 *** Segmentation violation detected ***
Last error message (if any):
If a file called core is be created, try running the following
command:

    gdb ekg2 core

and the backtrace shows:

Core was generated by `./ekg2 -F check -n quit'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x00002b0a592b1c9a in g_test_init () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
(gdb) bt
#0 0x00002b0a592b1c9a in g_test_init () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#1 0x00002b0a5b4dcfde in check_plugin_init (prio=prio@entry=-254) at plugins/check/check.c:26
#2 0x0000000000424ca8 in plugin_load (name=0x1360ec0 "check", prio=prio@entry=-254, quiet=quiet@entry=1) at ekg/plugins.c:282
#3 0x000000000040e7ab in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fff49a8ce08) at ekg/ekg.c:648
(gdb) bt full
#0 0x00002b0a592b1c9a in g_test_init () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
No symbol table info available.
#1 0x00002b0a5b4dcfde in check_plugin_init (prio=prio@entry=-254) at plugins/check/check.c:26
        argc = 0
        argv = 0x0
        __func__ = "check_plugin_init"
#2 0x0000000000424ca8 in plugin_load (name=0x1360ec0 "check", prio=prio@entry=-254, quiet=quiet@entry=1) at ekg/plugins.c:282
        env_ekg_plugins_path = <optimized out>
        init = 0x1381a10 "\250\a\324Y\n+"
        lib = <optimized out>
        libname = <optimized out>
        plugin = 0x13819e0
        pl = <optimized out>
        plugin_init = 0x2b0a5b4dcf90 <check_plugin_init>
        __func__ = "plugin_load"
#3 0x000000000040e7ab in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fff49a8ce08) at ekg/ekg.c:648
        auto_connect = 0
        no_global_config = 0
        no_config = 0
        new_status = 0
        print_version = 0
        tmp = 0x0
        new_descr = 0x0
        load_theme = 0x0
        new_profile = 0x0
        frontend = 0x1360ec0 "check"
        err = 0x0
        rlim = {rlim_cur = 18446744073709551615, rlim_max = 18446744073709551615}

Thanks for the report.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 06:53:34PM -0000, Andreas Moog wrote:
> Core was generated by `./ekg2 -F check -n quit'.
> Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
> #0 0x00002b0a592b1c9a in g_test_init () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
> (gdb) bt
> #0 0x00002b0a592b1c9a in g_test_init () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
> #1 0x00002b0a5b4dcfde in check_plugin_init (prio=prio@entry=-254) at plugins/check/check.c:26
> #2 0x0000000000424ca8 in plugin_load (name=0x1360ec0 "check", prio=prio@entry=-254, quiet=quiet@entry=1) at ekg/plugins.c:282
> #3 0x000000000040e7ab in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fff49a8ce08) at ekg/ekg.c:648
> (gdb) bt full
> #0 0x00002b0a592b1c9a in g_test_init () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
> No symbol table info available.
> #1 0x00002b0a5b4dcfde in check_plugin_init (prio=prio@entry=-254) at plugins/check/check.c:26
> argc = 0
> argv = 0x0
> __func__ = "check_plugin_init"

Can you please try installing the debug package for libglib and running
bt in gdb again?

--
Marcin Owsiany <email address hidden> http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 2048R/02F946FC 35E9 1344 9F77 5F43 13DD 6423 DBF4 80C6 02F9 46FC

Andreas Moog (ampelbein) wrote :

> Can you please try installing the debug package for libglib and running
> bt in gdb again?

Sure:

#0 parse_args (argv_p=0x7fff49a8cc18, argc_p=0x7fff49a8cc14) at
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.1/./glib/gtestutils.c:815
815 /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.1/./glib/gtestutils.c: No such file or
directory.
(gdb) bt full
#0 parse_args (argv_p=0x7fff49a8cc18, argc_p=0x7fff49a8cc14) at
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.1/./glib/gtestutils.c:815
        argc = 0
        argv = 0x0
        i = <optimized out>
        e = <optimized out>
#1 g_test_init (argc=argc@entry=0x7fff49a8cc14,
argv=argv@entry=0x7fff49a8cc18) at
/build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.1/./glib/gtestutils.c:1120
        seedstr = "R02S0449cf08e0df592837157c37845fed72"
        args = {{gp_offset = 16, fp_offset = 0, overflow_arg_area =
0x7fff49a8cc10, reg_save_area = 0x7fff49a8cba0}}
        vararg1 = <optimized out>
        fatal_mask = <optimized out>
        __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ = "g_test_init"
#2 0x00002b0a5b4dcfde in check_plugin_init (prio=prio@entry=-254) at
plugins/check/check.c:26
        argc = 0
        argv = 0x0
        __func__ = "check_plugin_init"
#3 0x0000000000424ca8 in plugin_load (name=0x1360ec0 "check",
prio=prio@entry=-254, quiet=quiet@entry=1) at ekg/plugins.c:282
        env_ekg_plugins_path = <optimized out>
        init = 0x1381a10 "\250\a\324Y\n+"
        lib = <optimized out>
        libname = <optimized out>
        plugin = 0x13819e0
        pl = <optimized out>
        plugin_init = 0x2b0a5b4dcf90 <check_plugin_init>
        __func__ = "plugin_load"
#4 0x000000000040e7ab in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fff49a8ce08) at
ekg/ekg.c:648
        auto_connect = 0
        no_global_config = 0
        no_config = 0
        new_status = 0
        print_version = 0
        tmp = 0x0
        new_descr = 0x0
        load_theme = 0x0
        new_profile = 0x0
        frontend = 0x1360ec0 "check"
        err = 0x0
        rlim = {rlim_cur = 18446744073709551615, rlim_max =
18446744073709551615}
(gdb)

--
Andreas Moog, Berliner Str. 29, 36205 Sontra/Germany
Ubuntu Developer
PGP-encrypted mails preferred (Key-ID: 74DE6624)
PGP Fingerprint: 74CD D9FE 5BCB FE0D 13EE 8EEA 61F3 4426 74DE 6624

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 08:24:01PM -0000, Andreas Moog wrote:
> > Can you please try installing the debug package for libglib and running
> > bt in gdb again?
>
> Sure:
>
> #0 parse_args (argv_p=0x7fff49a8cc18, argc_p=0x7fff49a8cc14) at
> /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.1/./glib/gtestutils.c:815
> 815 /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.1/./glib/gtestutils.c: No such file or
> directory.
> (gdb) bt full
> #0 parse_args (argv_p=0x7fff49a8cc18, argc_p=0x7fff49a8cc14) at
> /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.38.1/./glib/gtestutils.c:815
> argc = 0
> argv = 0x0
> i = <optimized out>
> e = <optimized out>

Line 815 is:
  test_argv0 = argv[0];

which leads to a null pointer dereference in this case.

This seems to be a regression in glib, which used to support passing an
empty argv:
http://sources.debian.net/src/glib2.0/2.36.4-1/glib/gtestutils.c

--
Marcin Owsiany <email address hidden> http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 2048R/02F946FC 35E9 1344 9F77 5F43 13DD 6423 DBF4 80C6 02F9 46FC

Jackson Doak (noskcaj) wrote :

There is a new upstream release shown on the website. that might fix this

Andreas Moog (ampelbein) wrote :

This is fixed in the current Ubuntu development release.

Changed in ekg2 (Ubuntu):
status: New → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers