Maximum CPU scaling frequency incorrectly set while in Xorg

Bug #599444 reported by Ben Gamari
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
devicekit-power (Ubuntu)

Bug Description

Today I noticed that my new Maverick installation is substantially slower than it ought to be. Looking around, I found that cpufreq's maximum frequency was set substantially lower than it ought to be,

$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

After switching to a VT, I noticed that the maximum frequency had been changed to its sane value,

$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

After switching back to Xorg, however, the value had been reverted to 800MHz.

I have no idea what process is causing this behavior. I have tried killing both upowerd and gnome-power-manager to no avail.

Revision history for this message
Ben Gamari (bgamari) wrote :

Filing under devicekit-power so at there is a chance this gets seen by the right sets of eyes.

affects: ubuntu → devicekit-power (Ubuntu)
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.