davfs2 can't work with Sharepoint servers with NTLM authentication

Bug #1091183 reported by Fastguy
This bug affects 13 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
davfs2 (Ubuntu)

Bug Description

I'm trying to connect the Sharepoint Servers at work which use NTLM authentication. I get the following response:

Could not authenticate to server: ignored NTLM challenge, ignoring empty Negotiate continuation, rejected Basic challenge

It seems davfs2 is not compiled with NTLM support when it's compiled with libneon27-gnutls.
The following bug report on Debian explains it better than me:

Can we switch back to compiling with libneon27 instead?


Revision history for this message
Fastguy (erenoglu) wrote :

This is in Ubuntu 12.10, fully up to date. Sharepoint 2007 server.

Revision history for this message
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in davfs2 (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Revision history for this message
S.O.E. Ansems (only-for-launchpad) wrote :

This bug still hasn't got much attention... I'm running 13.04 currently and it hasn't been fixed in this release either.

Revision history for this message
Aram Paronikyan (paronikyan) wrote :

+1 The same for Ubuntu 14.04, davfs2 1.52, libneon 0.30

The message is:

"Could not authenticate to server: GSSAPI authentication error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information: No Kerberos credentials available, rejected NTLM challenge"

Revision history for this message
Gunter Ohrner (gohrner) wrote :

The connection problem is fixed since at least 15.04, I think.

davfs2 has major problems writing to the Sharepoint mount, however - but I guess that should be reported as a different bug...

Revision history for this message
Magnus Arendt (snugam) wrote :

I used a # in the password to authenticate against SharePoint and got the same error .davfs2/secrets -- when it was working fine all the time. I then quickly changed the password to have an underscore instead and the problem went away.

Revision history for this message
Woodrow Shen (woodrow-shen) wrote :

Set the bug to invalid as we have 1.5.6 available for groovy.

Changed in davfs2 (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.