cron crashed with SIGSEGV in _init()

Bug #447080 reported by rkasprzyk on 2009-10-09
640
This bug affects 140 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
cron (Ubuntu)
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: cron

no run

ProblemType: Crash
Architecture: i386
Date: Fri Oct 9 10:40:01 2009
Disassembly: 0xb8014004: Cannot access memory at address 0xb8014004
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
ExecutablePath: /usr/sbin/cron
Package: cron 3.0pl1-106ubuntu3
ProcAttrCurrent: unconfined
ProcCmdline: /USR/SBIN/CRON
ProcEnviron:
 LC_CTYPE=pl_PL.ISO-8859-2
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=pl_PL.ISO8859-2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-12.41-generic
SegvAnalysis:
 Segfault happened at: 0xb8014004: Cannot access memory at address 0xb8014004
 PC (0xb8014004) ok
 Reason could not be automatically determined.
Signal: 11
SourcePackage: cron
StacktraceTop:
 ?? ()
 _init () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
 ?? ()
 ?? ()
 ?? ()
Title: cron crashed with SIGSEGV in _init()
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-12-generic i686
UserGroups:

rkasprzyk (pankasprzyk) wrote :

StacktraceTop:?? ()
?? ()
?? ()
?? ()
?? ()

tags: added: apport-failed-retrace
tags: removed: need-i386-retrace
Kees Cook (kees) wrote :

Did that happen during an upgrade from Jaunty to Karmic? The memory maps shows glibc 2.9 as being deleted during this crash...

Changed in cron (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
status: Incomplete → New
security vulnerability: yes → no
visibility: private → public
sefianix (sefianix) wrote :

Mine happened after logging in for first time after upgrading from Jaunty to Karmic (i386)

Todey update kernel , and now is OK.

THX

2009/10/30 sefianix <email address hidden>

> Mine happened after logging in for first time after upgrading from
> Jaunty to Karmic (i386)
>
> --
> cron crashed with SIGSEGV in _init()
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/447080
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in "cron" package in Ubuntu: New
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: cron
>
> no run
>
> ProblemType: Crash
> Architecture: i386
> Date: Fri Oct 9 10:40:01 2009
> Disassembly: 0xb8014004: Cannot access memory at address 0xb8014004
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
> ExecutablePath: /usr/sbin/cron
> Package: cron 3.0pl1-106ubuntu3
> ProcAttrCurrent: unconfined
> ProcCmdline: /USR/SBIN/CRON
> ProcEnviron:
> LC_CTYPE=pl_PL.ISO-8859-2
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> LANG=pl_PL.ISO8859-2
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-12.41-generic
> SegvAnalysis:
> Segfault happened at: 0xb8014004: Cannot access memory at address
> 0xb8014004
> PC (0xb8014004) ok
> Reason could not be automatically determined.
> Signal: 11
> SourcePackage: cron
> StacktraceTop:
> ?? ()
> _init () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
> ?? ()
> ?? ()
> ?? ()
> Title: cron crashed with SIGSEGV in _init()
> Uname: Linux 2.6.31-12-generic i686
> UserGroups:
>

--
Radosław Kasprzyk
GSM: 500082581
GG : 5068936

ajhewett (ajhewett) wrote :

Occured on first login after upgrading from Jaunty to Karmic.

Erik Ladouceur (eladouceur) wrote :

Occurred on first login after upgrading from Karmic to Lucid

Linux XXXXXXXXX 2.6.32-10-generic #14-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 7 17:38:40 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

MarcRandolph (mrand) wrote :

Confirming. Happened to me on first boot after upgrading from 9.10 to 10.04 alpha 2.

The stack trace on this bug is not valid, but since this bug has the most subscribers and also indicates over 60 people are affected (when you include "also affects me" from the duplicates), it seems we should use this one as a base and mark others as a dup of tihs one. The following bugs are examples of ones with good stack traces which have been marked as a duplicate of this one:

All bugs marked as duplicates of this one have valid stack traces.

Changed in cron (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Medium
status: New → Confirmed
MarcRandolph (mrand) wrote :

Meant to mark this as triaged the other day.

Changed in cron (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Triaged
AndyRobbo (andyrobbo) wrote :

Confirming. This also happened to me on first boot after upgrading from 9.10 to 10.04 alpha 2.

No worries from me. fixed MBR and deleted and re-aquired Ubuntu partition.
Just too much. Not a Linux front-liner. Not a Linux anything.

<email address hidden>

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 4:36 PM, AndyRobbo <email address hidden> wrote:

> Confirming. This also happened to me on first boot after upgrading from
> 9.10 to 10.04 alpha 2.
>
> --
> cron crashed with SIGSEGV in _init()
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/447080
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “cron” package in Ubuntu: Triaged
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: cron
>
> no run
>
> ProblemType: Crash
> Architecture: i386
> Date: Fri Oct 9 10:40:01 2009
> Disassembly: 0xb8014004: Cannot access memory at address 0xb8014004
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
> ExecutablePath: /usr/sbin/cron
> Package: cron 3.0pl1-106ubuntu3
> ProcAttrCurrent: unconfined
> ProcCmdline: /USR/SBIN/CRON
> ProcEnviron:
> LC_CTYPE=pl_PL.ISO-8859-2
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> LANG=pl_PL.ISO8859-2
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-12.41-generic
> SegvAnalysis:
> Segfault happened at: 0xb8014004: Cannot access memory at address
> 0xb8014004
> PC (0xb8014004) ok
> Reason could not be automatically determined.
> Signal: 11
> SourcePackage: cron
> StacktraceTop:
> ?? ()
> _init () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
> ?? ()
> ?? ()
> ?? ()
> Title: cron crashed with SIGSEGV in _init()
> Uname: Linux 2.6.31-12-generic i686
> UserGroups:
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cron/+bug/447080/+subscribe
>

Neil Wilson (neil-aldur) wrote :

First boot here on UNR after upgrade via 'update-manager -d'.

Kenny Strawn (realkstrawn93) wrote :

My instance of this bug is from a clean installation of Lucid Lynx Daily Live.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers