Problem with dependencies

Bug #68228 reported by Andreas Engelbredt Dalsgaard
8
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
criawips (Ubuntu)
Fix Released
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: criawips

sudo apt-get install criawips

Revision history for this message
Caroline Ford (secretlondon) wrote :

Are you uisng edgy?

criawips (0.0.11-0ubuntu5) does seem to have missing dependencies:

It depends on:

libdbus-1-2 (>= 0.62)

libgoffice-1-2 (>= 0.2.1) or
libgoffice-gtk-1-2 (>= 0.2.1)

But 0ubuntu7 is supposed to have fixed some of this. Which version are you using? What does it complain is missing?

Revision history for this message
Caroline Ford (secretlondon) wrote :

Are you using edgy?

criawips (0.0.11-0ubuntu5) does seem to have missing dependencies:

It depends on:

libdbus-1-2 (>= 0.62)

libgoffice-1-2 (>= 0.2.1) or
libgoffice-gtk-1-2 (>= 0.2.1)

But 0ubuntu7 is supposed to have fixed some of this. Which version are you using? What does it complain is missing?

Changed in criawips:
status: Unconfirmed → Needs Info
Revision history for this message
Andreas Engelbredt Dalsgaard (andreas-dalsgaard) wrote : Re: [Bug 68228] Re: Problem with dependencies

Yes I am using edgy, it complains about a missing package:

libgoffice-1-2
or
libgoffice-gtk-1-2

Debug info:

dpkg -l |grep libgoffice
ii libgoffice-0-3 0.3.0-1ubuntu1
Document centric objects library - runtime f
ii libgoffice-0-common 0.3.0-1ubuntu1
Document centric objects library - common fi
rc libgoffice-gtk-0-3 0.3.0-1ubuntu1
Document centric objects library - runtime f

On 10/25/06, Caroline Ford <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Are you uisng edgy?
>
> criawips (0.0.11-0ubuntu5) does seem to have missing dependencies:
>
> It depends on:
>
> libdbus-1-2 (>= 0.62)
>
> libgoffice-1-2 (>= 0.2.1) or
> libgoffice-gtk-1-2 (>= 0.2.1)
>
> But 0ubuntu7 is supposed to have fixed some of this. Which version are
> you using? What does it complain is missing?
>
> --
> Problem with dependencies
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/68228
>

Revision history for this message
Andreas Engelbredt Dalsgaard (andreas-dalsgaard) wrote :

Took a look at the criawips's bugzilla and found this bug:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=355514

There is a patch included. Don't know if it is a fix to this bug

On 10/26/06, Andreas Dalsgaard <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Yes I am using edgy, it complains about a missing package:
>
> libgoffice-1-2
> or
> libgoffice-gtk-1-2
>
> Debug info:
>
> dpkg -l |grep libgoffice
> ii libgoffice-0-3 0.3.0-1ubuntu1 Document centric objects library - runtime f
> ii libgoffice-0-common 0.3.0-1ubuntu1
> Document centric objects library - common fi
> rc libgoffice-gtk-0-3 0.3.0-1ubuntu1
> Document centric objects library - runtime f
>
> On 10/25/06, Caroline Ford < <email address hidden>> wrote:
> >
> > Are you uisng edgy?
> >
> > criawips ( 0.0.11-0ubuntu5) does seem to have missing dependencies:
> >
> > It depends on:
> >
> > libdbus-1-2 (>= 0.62)
> >
> > libgoffice-1-2 (>= 0.2.1) or
> > libgoffice-gtk-1-2 (>= 0.2.1)
> >
> > But 0ubuntu7 is supposed to have fixed some of this. Which version are
> > you using? What does it complain is missing?
> >
> > --
> > Problem with dependencies
> > https://launchpad.net/bugs/68228
> >
>
>

Revision history for this message
Andreas Engelbredt Dalsgaard (andreas-dalsgaard) wrote :

Just tied to apply the patch and now criawips compiles fine against
libgoffice-0-3/libgoffice-0-3-dev

On 10/27/06, Andreas Dalsgaard <email address hidden> wrote:
>
> Took a look at the criawips's bugzilla and found this bug:
>
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=355514
>
> There is a patch included. Don't know if it is a fix to this bug
>
> On 10/26/06, Andreas Dalsgaard <email address hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Yes I am using edgy, it complains about a missing package:
> >
> > libgoffice-1-2
> > or
> > libgoffice-gtk-1-2
> >
> > Debug info:
> >
> > dpkg -l |grep libgoffice
> > ii libgoffice-0-3 0.3.0-1ubuntu1 Document centric objects library - runtime f
> > ii libgoffice-0-common 0.3.0-1ubuntu1
> > Document centric objects library - common fi
> > rc libgoffice-gtk-0-3 0.3.0-1ubuntu1
> > Document centric objects library - runtime f
> >
> > On 10/25/06, Caroline Ford < <email address hidden>> wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you uisng edgy?
> > >
> > > criawips ( 0.0.11-0ubuntu5) does seem to have missing dependencies:
> > >
> > > It depends on:
> > >
> > > libdbus-1-2 (>= 0.62)
> > >
> > > libgoffice-1-2 (>= 0.2.1) or
> > > libgoffice-gtk-1-2 (>= 0.2.1)
> > >
> > > But 0ubuntu7 is supposed to have fixed some of this. Which version are
> > >
> > > you using? What does it complain is missing?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Problem with dependencies
> > > https://launchpad.net/bugs/68228
> > >
> >
> >
>

Revision history for this message
Sven Herzberg (herzi) wrote :

I just released a snapshot of criawips 0.0.12 which fixed the FTBFS problems over here.

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/criawips/

Please update for edgy-updates and feisty. Thank you.

Revision history for this message
Andreas Engelbredt Dalsgaard (andreas-dalsgaard) wrote :

This bug seems still to be there in feisty:

sudo apt-get install criawips
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  criawips: Depends: libcriawips0 but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: libcriawipshelper0 but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: libgoffice-1-2 (>= 0.2.1) but it is not installable or
                     libgoffice-gtk-1-2 (>= 0.2.1) but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

Revision history for this message
Michael Bienia (geser) wrote :

Fixed in criawips 0.0.12-0ubuntu1 from freisty.

Changed in criawips:
status: Needs Info → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Related questions