update-manager's popup window for checking updates will not close if rolled up

Bug #784451 reported by Jonathan D'Orleans on 2011-05-18
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Compiz
Undecided
Unassigned
Compiz Core
Undecided
Unassigned
compiz (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: compiz

The bug happens when we roll up the pop up window of update-manager after to click on CHECK button.

Steps:
1. Open Update-Manager;
2. Click on CHECK button to update repository;
3. Quickly, before pop up window close, Roll it Up;
(obs: usually, you need compiz effects activated to realize this...
however, I had activated this option by Ubuntu Tweak in Windows Manager)
4. So, this window(pop up) will not close after update repository task!
(Take a look at file 'do-not-close.png' attached!)

Obs:
I have tried this behaviour with Synaptic and Software Sources too,
however their pop up closed after refresh repository task.

May be it happens only with update-manager.
It must be tried with another programs which pop up windows to represent some process.
^ ~

See you

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
Package: compiz 1:0.9.4+bzr20110415-0ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
.proc.driver.nvidia.gpus.0: Error: [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/0'
.proc.driver.nvidia.registry: Binary: ""
.proc.driver.nvidia.version:
 NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 270.41.06 Mon Apr 18 14:53:56 PDT 2011
 GCC version: gcc version 4.5.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.5.2-8ubuntu4)
Architecture: amd64
CompizPlugins: [core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,gnomecompat,regex,obs,put,vpswitch,mousepoll,move,grid,place,commands,resize,imgpng,unitymtgrabhandles,animation,workarounds,wall,session,animationaddon,wobbly,expo,ezoom,staticswitcher,fade,scale,unityshell]
CompositorRunning: compiz
Date: Wed May 18 09:00:00 2011
DistUpgraded: Fresh install
DistroCodename: natty
DistroVariant: ubuntu
DkmsStatus: nvidia-current, 270.41.06, 2.6.38-8-generic, x86_64: installed
GraphicsCard:
 nVidia Corporation GT216 [GeForce GT 330M] [10de:0a29] (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
   Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:ff00]
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Beta amd64 (20110330)
InstallationMedia_: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Beta amd64 (20110330)
JockeyStatus: xorg:nvidia_current - NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (Proprietary, Enabled, Not in use)
MachineType: TOSHIBA Satellite A500
PackageArchitecture: all
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=en
 PATH=(custom, user)
 LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
 LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.38-8-generic root=UUID=6caa9382-7b24-4095-8424-7046c4d80e3e ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
ProcVersionSignature_: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
Renderer: Unknown
SourcePackage: compiz
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
dmi.bios.date: 12/08/09
dmi.bios.vendor: TOSHIBA
dmi.bios.version: 1.10
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
dmi.board.name: NSKAA
dmi.board.vendor: TOSHIBA
dmi.board.version: 1.00
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: *
dmi.chassis.type: 9
dmi.chassis.vendor: TOSHIBA
dmi.chassis.version: N/A
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnTOSHIBA:bvr1.10:bd12/08/09:svnTOSHIBA:pnSatelliteA500:pvrPSAR9E-01700MFR:rvnTOSHIBA:rnNSKAA:rvr1.00:cvnTOSHIBA:ct9:cvrN/A:
dmi.product.name: Satellite A500
dmi.product.version: PSAR9E-01700MFR
dmi.sys.vendor: TOSHIBA
version.compiz: compiz 1:0.9.4+bzr20110415-0ubuntu2
version.ia32-libs: ia32-libs 20090808ubuntu13
version.libdrm2: libdrm2 2.4.23-1ubuntu6
version.libgl1-mesa-dri: libgl1-mesa-dri 7.10.2-0ubuntu2
version.libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental: libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental N/A
version.libgl1-mesa-glx: libgl1-mesa-glx 7.10.2-0ubuntu2
version.nvidia-graphics-drivers: nvidia-graphics-drivers N/A
version.xserver-xorg: xserver-xorg 1:7.6+4ubuntu3
version.xserver-xorg-video-ati: xserver-xorg-video-ati 1:6.14.0-0ubuntu4
version.xserver-xorg-video-intel: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.14.0-4ubuntu7.1
version.xserver-xorg-video-nouveau: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau 1:0.0.16+git20110107+b795ca6e-0ubuntu7

description: updated

Hi Jonathon,

To help out with reproducing this bug, can you tell me how you enabled the roll-up effect in Natty? I can't find the option in CCSM.

Download full text (4.9 KiB)

Hello,

In fact, I made a mistake!
I have forgotten I realized it by Ubuntu Tweak in Window Manager Settings.

So, it means it need a update somewhere in my post.
^ ^

On 18 May 2011 12:08, Brendan Donegan <email address hidden> wrote:

> Hi Jonathon,
>
> To help out with reproducing this bug, can you tell me how you enabled
> the roll-up effect in Natty? I can't find the option in CCSM.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/784451
>
> Title:
> Window or Pop up, when in processing, do not close after Roll up
>
> Status in “compiz” package in Ubuntu:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: compiz
>
> Hello Guys,
>
> The bug happens when we roll up the pop up window of update-manager
> after to click on CHECK button.
>
> Steps:
> 1. Open Update-Manager;
> 2. Click on CHECK button to update repository;
> 3. Quickly, before pop up window close, Roll it Up;
> (obs: usually, you need to activate this option in compiz... look at this
> in ccm)
> 4. So, this window(pop up) will not close after update repository task!
> (Take a look at file 'do-not-close.png' attached!)
>
> Obs:
> I have tried this behaviour with Synaptic and Software Sources too,
> however their pop up closed after refresh repository task.
>
> May be it happens only with update-manager.
> It must be tried with another programs which pop up windows to represent
> some process.
> ^ ~
>
> See you
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
> Package: compiz 1:0.9.4+bzr20110415-0ubuntu2
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic 2.6.38.2
> Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic x86_64
> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
> .proc.driver.nvidia.gpus.0: Error: [Errno 21] Is a directory:
> '/proc/driver/nvidia/gpus/0'
> .proc.driver.nvidia.registry: Binary: ""
> .proc.driver.nvidia.version:
> NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 270.41.06 Mon Apr 18
> 14:53:56 PDT 2011
> GCC version: gcc version 4.5.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.5.2-8ubuntu4)
> Architecture: amd64
> CompizPlugins:
> [core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,gnomecompat,regex,obs,put,vpswitch,mousepoll,move,grid,place,commands,resize,imgpng,unitymtgrabhandles,animation,workarounds,wall,session,animationaddon,wobbly,expo,ezoom,staticswitcher,fade,scale,unityshell]
> CompositorRunning: compiz
> Date: Wed May 18 09:00:00 2011
> DistUpgraded: Fresh install
> DistroCodename: natty
> DistroVariant: ubuntu
> DkmsStatus: nvidia-current, 270.41.06, 2.6.38-8-generic, x86_64: installed
> GraphicsCard:
> nVidia Corporation GT216 [GeForce GT 330M] [10de:0a29] (rev a2) (prog-if
> 00 [VGA controller])
> Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:ff00]
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Beta amd64 (20110330)
> InstallationMedia_: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Beta amd64 (20110330)
> JockeyStatus: xorg:nvidia_current - NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver
> (Proprietary, Enabled, Not in use)
> MachineType: TOSHIBA Satellite A500
> PackageArchitecture: all
> ProcEnviron:
> LANGUAGE=en
> PATH=(custom, user)
> LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
> L...

Read more...

description: updated

Hey guy,

I did some idioms update through Language Support app and the same error occurs!
Pop up windows that appears while a process is running (download language and installing it) are unable to close after a Roll up!

I can confirm this incredibly bizarre and random bug on Precise. The window does not close.

summary: - Window or Pop up, when in processing, do not close after Roll up
+ update-manager's popup window for checking updates will not close if
+ rolled up
description: updated
Changed in compiz (Ubuntu):
status: New → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Low
Changed in compiz-core:
status: New → Confirmed
Changed in compiz:
status: New → Confirmed
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers