gtk-window-decorator crash when pressing Alt+Space to activate actionmenu on windows without decorations (e.g. google-chrome)

Bug #1075451 reported by Micheal Hsu on 2012-11-06
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Compiz
High
Micheal Hsu
compiz (Ubuntu)
High
Micheal Hsu

Bug Description

for non-overrided windows without decorations(like google-chrome), pressing Alt+Space on these windows cann't activate
action menu and also causes gtk-window-decorator to crash

Related branches

Changed in compiz:
milestone: none → 0.9.9.0
assignee: nobody → Hu Kang (stevenhooke11)
status: New → In Progress
Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt) wrote :

I can't reproduce the bug. A call stack would be excellent.

Changed in compiz:
importance: Undecided → High
Micheal Hsu (mkhu) wrote :

Daniel van Vugt, thanks for your reply.

I use compiz 0.9.8.4 source code.

after I checkout the latest 0.9.8 branch and 0.9.9 branch, I can't reproduce the bug either.
so the fix I provided is not essential. I'll look into it tomorrow

Sorry for posting the bug too hastily. I think this bug can be closed for now.

Its still a valid problem so I think the fix is still important (We keep on
having problems within the decorator code because we don't check if the
window is actually decorated before performing operations on it that assume
that it is). That being said see my comment in the review.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Hu Kang <email address hidden> wrote:

> Daniel van Vugt, thanks for your reply.
>
> I use compiz 0.9.8.4 source code.
>
> after I checkout the latest 0.9.8 branch and 0.9.9 branch, I can't
> reproduce the bug either.
> so the fix I provided is not essential. I'll look into it tomorrow
>
>
> Sorry for posting the bug too hastily. I think this bug can be closed for
> now.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Compiz
> Maintainers, which is subscribed to Compiz.
> Matching subscriptions: Compiz bugs
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1075451
>
> Title:
> gtk-window-decorator crash when pressing Alt+Space to activate
> actionmenu on windows without decorations (e.g. google-chrome)
>
> Status in Compiz:
> In Progress
>
> Bug description:
> for non-overrided windows without decorations(like google-chrome),
> pressing Alt+Space on these windows cann't activate
> action menu and also causes gtk-window-decorator to crash
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1075451/+subscriptions
>

--
Sam Spilsbury

Changed in compiz:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
Changed in compiz (Ubuntu):
assignee: nobody → Hu Kang (stevenhooke11)
importance: Undecided → High
status: New → Fix Committed
Changed in compiz:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers