Brasero burns corruptly

Bug #329905 reported by jmp7 on 2009-02-16
4
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
brasero (Ubuntu)
Low
Ubuntu Desktop Bugs

Bug Description

Binary package hint: brasero

In Ubuntu Intrepid x64, Brasero 0.8.2 doesn't burn correctly CDs with an LG drive (and probably DVD, to be confirmed). The burn process seems OK (even finishes OK), but the CD is corrupted. I have checked several times, and when calculating CD's MD5 I receive an I/O error in system log. I've burnt the same with CD/DVD Creator, and with M$ Windows, and there, the burning processes are always OK.

description: updated
description: updated
Pedro Villavicencio (pedro) wrote :

Thanks for your report, could you run brasero from the command line as: brasero --debug &> brasero-debug.txt perform the operation to reproduce the bug and attach the resulting file to the report?. Thanks in advance

Changed in brasero:
assignee: nobody → desktop-bugs
importance: Undecided → Low
status: New → Incomplete
jmp7 (jacobopantoja-yahoo) wrote :

I think that the problem might be in "Wodim", because K3b makes exactly the same!! (with the exception that k3b gives an error at 99%). I include a copy of the k3b log in addition (in another comment)

The brasero-debug.txt file may seem correct, but the CD is badly burnt. I've checked with smaller CD images, and Brasero always burns a CD with different MD5 than the original image (while CD/DVD creator burns CDs with the same MD5 than the original image).

I'm very new in debugging and posting bugs, so I would thank extra advice.

jmp7 (jacobopantoja-yahoo) wrote :
jmp7 (jacobopantoja-yahoo) wrote :

Finally, I attach the same process of burning an image with k3b, but this time burning it to a DVD+RW. No errors were present this time, but I've also noticed that the command used isn't "wodim" (is "growisofs"). ¿?

Sebastien Bacher (seb128) wrote :

could you try if that's still an issue in jaunty? the bug should be sent to bugzilla.gnome.org by somebody having the issue

Charlie Kravetz (charlie-tca) wrote :

We are closing this bug report because it lacks the information we need to investigate the problem, as described in the previous comments. Please reopen it if you can give us the missing information, and don't hesitate to submit bug reports in the future. To reopen the bug report you can click on the current status, under the Status column, and change the Status back to "New". Thanks again!

Changed in brasero (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers