Broadcom BCM4360 wifi adapter not working with ubuntu on on macbook pro 11,3.

Bug #1467312 reported by Steve Chamales on 2015-06-21
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
bcmwl (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Mid-2014 Macbook Pro, internal wifi adapter (Broadcom BCM4360) not working with Ubuntu. Have to attach a USB wifi stick or connect to other computer / tablet / smartphone by bluetooth and use its internet connection through the bluetooth connection.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

Ubuntu desktop 15.04 (Unity desktop environment)
BCM4360 driver version 6.30.223.30 - not working.

ProblemType: Package
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 15.04
Package: bcmwl-kernel-source 6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-15.15-generic 3.19.3
Uname: Linux 3.19.0-15-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.17.2-0ubuntu1
Architecture: amd64
DKMSKernelVersion: 3.19.0-15-generic
Date: Sun Jun 21 16:05:53 2015
DuplicateSignature: dkms:bcmwl-kernel-source:6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3:/var/lib/dkms/bcmwl/6.30.223.30+bdcom/build/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1358:64: error: macro "alloc_netdev" requires 4 arguments, but only 3 given
InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-06-21 (0 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422)
PackageVersion: 6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3
RelatedPackageVersions:
 dpkg 1.17.25ubuntu1
 apt 1.0.9.7ubuntu4
SourcePackage: bcmwl
Title: bcmwl-kernel-source 6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3: bcmwl kernel module failed to build
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

tags: removed: need-duplicate-check
Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt) wrote :

You seem to be using an old version (6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3) of the bcmwl driver. This bug was fixed as bug 1358966, last year. Fix released in bcmwl 6.30.223.248+bdcom-0ubuntu2.

Not sure why your system has such an old version installed.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it!

-Steve

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Daniel van Vugt <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> *** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1358966 ***
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1358966
>
> You seem to be using an old version (6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3) of the
> bcmwl driver. This bug was fixed as bug 1358966, last year. Fix released
> in bcmwl 6.30.223.248+bdcom-0ubuntu2.
>
> Not sure why your system has such an old version installed.
>
> ** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 1358966
> bcmwl-kernel-source 6.30.223.248+bdcom-0ubuntu1: bcmwl kernel module
> failed to build [error: macro "alloc_netdev" requires 4 arguments, but only
> 3 given]
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1467312
>
> Title:
> Broadcom BCM4360 wifi adapter not working with ubuntu on on macbook
> pro 11,3.
>
> Status in bcmwl package in Ubuntu:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Mid-2014 Macbook Pro, internal wifi adapter (Broadcom BCM4360) not
> working with Ubuntu. Have to attach a USB wifi stick or connect to
> other computer / tablet / smartphone by bluetooth and use its internet
> connection through the bluetooth connection.
>
> Any help much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> Ubuntu desktop 15.04 (Unity desktop environment)
> BCM4360 driver version 6.30.223.30 - not working.
>
> ProblemType: Package
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 15.04
> Package: bcmwl-kernel-source 6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-15.15-generic 3.19.3
> Uname: Linux 3.19.0-15-generic x86_64
> ApportVersion: 2.17.2-0ubuntu1
> Architecture: amd64
> DKMSKernelVersion: 3.19.0-15-generic
> Date: Sun Jun 21 16:05:53 2015
> DuplicateSignature:
> dkms:bcmwl-kernel-source:6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3:/var/lib/dkms/bcmwl/
> 6.30.223.30+bdcom/build/src/wl/sys/wl_linux.c:1358:64: error: macro
> "alloc_netdev" requires 4 arguments, but only 3 given
> InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-06-21 (0 days ago)
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422)
> PackageVersion: 6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3
> RelatedPackageVersions:
> dpkg 1.17.25ubuntu1
> apt 1.0.9.7ubuntu4
> SourcePackage: bcmwl
> Title: bcmwl-kernel-source 6.30.223.30+bdcom-0ubuntu3: bcmwl kernel
> module failed to build
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bcmwl/+bug/1467312/+subscriptions
>

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers