No sound on Intel N10/ICH 7 HD Audio Controller

Bug #1042750 reported by Wayne Budgen
10
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
base-config (Ubuntu)
Invalid
Undecided
Unassigned
pulseaudio (Ubuntu)
Expired
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

I've recently installed Kubuntu 12.04 LTS on my NEC Versa P8210 Laptop and the sound playback level is very low. I've tried adjusting the sound levels through Pulse Audio but to no avail.

I've run a check through the terminal with the following data returned about my internal sound device.

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
 Subsystem: NEC Corporation Device 8860
 Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 47
 Memory at 9c300000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
 Capabilities: <access denied>
 Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
 Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

Is there any way that I can get my sound levels back to those of when I had Windows 7 installed on this laptop? It was much higher then.

Thanks.

Revision history for this message
Dimitri John Ledkov (xnox) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. We need some more information from you before we can start working on this bug.

Please include the information requested from the "Reporting Sound Bugs" section of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems as separate attachments.

If you are using Karmic or later this information can be gathered for you automatically using the command apport-collect -p alsa-base BUGNUMBER where BUGNUMBER is the number of the bug you've reported.

Changed in base-config (Ubuntu):
status: New → Invalid
Changed in pulseaudio (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
Revision history for this message
Wayne Budgen (auspol2000) wrote : RE: [Bug 1042750] Re: No sound on Intel N10/ICH 7 HD Audio Controller

Hi,

I ran another test and got the following:

/proc/asound/card0/codec#0:Codec: Realtek ALC260
/proc/asound/card0/codec#1:Codec: Conexant ID 2bfa

I hope that helps.

Thanks.

> Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:33:14 +0000
> From: <email address hidden>
> To: <email address hidden>
> Subject: [Bug 1042750] Re: No sound on Intel N10/ICH 7 HD Audio Controller
>
> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
> Ubuntu better. We need some more information from you before we can
> start working on this bug.
>
> Please include the information requested from the "Reporting Sound Bugs"
> section of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems as separate
> attachments.
>
> If you are using Karmic or later this information can be gathered for
> you automatically using the command apport-collect -p alsa-base
> BUGNUMBER where BUGNUMBER is the number of the bug you've reported.
>
> ** Changed in: base-config (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Invalid
>
> ** Also affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> ** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1042750
>
> Title:
> No sound on Intel N10/ICH 7 HD Audio Controller
>
> Status in “base-config” package in Ubuntu:
> Invalid
> Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> I've recently installed Kubuntu 12.04 LTS on my NEC Versa P8210 Laptop
> and the sound playback level is very low. I've tried adjusting the
> sound levels through Pulse Audio but to no avail.
>
> I've run a check through the terminal with the following data returned
> about my internal sound device.
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
> Subsystem: NEC Corporation Device 8860
> Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 47
> Memory at 9c300000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
> Capabilities: <access denied>
> Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
> Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
>
> Is there any way that I can get my sound levels back to those of when
> I had Windows 7 installed on this laptop? It was much higher then.
>
> Thanks.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/base-config/+bug/1042750/+subscriptions

Revision history for this message
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

[Expired for pulseaudio (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

Changed in pulseaudio (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Expired
Revision history for this message
Bráulio (brauliobo) wrote :

also happens with me on a acer aspire 5610

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers