cant see text in amule when using right-to-left gnome (for hebrew/arabic)

Bug #128533 reported by liorwohl on 2007-07-26
16
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
AMule
In Progress
Unknown
amule (Ubuntu)
High
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: amule

when the system language is hebrew (or other rtl probably) you can't see any text in the lists (this is the important text)
it's possible to mark the line of the text and double click it but you cant read it.
if you change the system language back to english you can read the text with no problem.

i have this problem with amule from fiesty and amule from gutsy on two different computers.

here is a screenshot: http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7162/44380172jy4.png
this is a screenshot of my shard files witch have 110 files and i've marked one of them but the text is invisible and i can't see the names.

There's a bounty on for fixing this issue:
http://www.fossfactory.org/project/p185

To reproduce:

- change language to Hebrew
- open AMule
- Ta-dah.

liorwohl (liorwohl) wrote :
damagedspline (icpazi) wrote :

same here.

Ubuntu Feisty - set with default language hebrew.
The mule shows a connected state, while the server list appears empty (there are servers on the list), so I attempted a search. 300 results were found but the list appears empty.

Similar problem appear when watching pages in firefox - the "missing" data is way to the right, but is reachable with the scrollbar. In amule it's not reachable with the scrollbar (beyond the scrollbar horizon). this might be a bug in the wxwidgets <-> rtl.

damagedspline (icpazi) wrote :

Solved - Language was set to "English US" - after amule restart - worked OK. please verify.

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort (pochu) wrote :

Thanks for following up. Closing the report.

Changed in amule:
importance: Undecided → High
status: New → Invalid
Shahar Or (mightyiam) wrote :

This happens in Jaunty. When aMule's language is Hebrew, the list items don't appear. Here's a screenshot of how it is in Hebrew and how it is in English.

Changed in amule (Ubuntu):
status: Invalid → Confirmed
Shahar Or (mightyiam) wrote :
Shahar Or (mightyiam) on 2009-10-02
tags: added: rtl
Shahar Or (mightyiam) wrote :

There's a bounty on for fixing this issue:
http://www.fossfactory.org/project/p185

Shahar Or (mightyiam) on 2009-11-29
tags: added: bounty
Shahar Or (mightyiam) on 2009-11-29
description: updated
Yaron (sh-yaron) wrote :

Confirmed with svn 9928

Changed in amule:
status: Unknown → In Progress
Evan Peck (colors) wrote :

Try running "apport-collect 128533" to get debug

description: updated
Yotam Benshalom (benshalom) wrote :

I can see text in Hebrew interface, but no text in search results (even though the number of the search results is specified).

Yes, that's the case...
Are you responsible for the translation?
Is this project still maintained?

Yaron Shahrabani

<Hebrew translator>

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Yotam Benshalom <email address hidden> wrote:

> I can see text in Hebrew interface, but no text in search results (even
> though the number of the search results is specified).
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
> RTL, which is subscribed to the bug report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/128533
>
> Title:
> cant see text in amule when using right-to-left gnome (for
> hebrew/arabic)
>
> Status in AMule:
> In Progress
> Status in “amule” package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: amule
>
> when the system language is hebrew (or other rtl probably) you can't see
> any text in the lists (this is the important text)
> it's possible to mark the line of the text and double click it but you
> cant read it.
> if you change the system language back to english you can read the text
> with no problem.
>
> i have this problem with amule from fiesty and amule from gutsy on two
> different computers.
>
> here is a screenshot:
> http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7162/44380172jy4.png
> this is a screenshot of my shard files witch have 110 files and i've
> marked one of them but the text is invisible and i can't see the names.
>
> There's a bounty on for fixing this issue:
> http://www.fossfactory.org/project/p185
>
> To reproduce:
>
> - change language to Hebrew
> - open AMule
> - Ta-dah.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/amule/+bug/128533/+subscriptions
>

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.