Audio plays through Laptop speakers even when headphones are plugged in. Gateway NV5378u

Bug #591105 reported by Jasen Enlow on 2010-06-08
14
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
alsa-driver (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Ubuntu 10.4
Expected audio to play through headphones only.
Audio played through both the headphones, and the laptop speakers.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
Package: pulseaudio 1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu14
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.36-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
Uname: Linux 2.6.32-22-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.21.
Architecture: amd64
ArecordDevices:
 **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
 card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
AudioDevicesInUse:
 USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
 /dev/snd/controlC0: awesomesauce 21633 F.... pulseaudio
Card0.Amixer.info:
 Card hw:0 'SB'/'HDA ATI SB at 0xf0000000 irq 16'
   Mixer name : 'Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa)'
   Components : 'HDA:14f15051,10250292,00100000 HDA:14f12c06,10250093,00100000'
   Controls : 14
   Simple ctrls : 7
Card1.Amixer.info:
 Card hw:1 'HDMI'/'HDA ATI HDMI at 0xcfdec000 irq 19'
   Mixer name : 'ATI RS690/780 HDMI'
   Components : 'HDA:1002791a,00791a00,00100000'
   Controls : 4
   Simple ctrls : 1
Card1.Amixer.values:
 Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
   Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
   Playback channels: Mono
   Mono: Playback [off]
Date: Tue Jun 8 02:17:49 2010
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64 (20100429)
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=en_US.utf8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: pulseaudio
dmi.bios.date: 10/22/2009
dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies LTD
dmi.bios.version: V1.04
dmi.board.name: SJV50TR
dmi.board.vendor: Gateway
dmi.board.version: Rev
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: Gateway
dmi.chassis.version: None
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnPhoenixTechnologiesLTD:bvrV1.04:bd10/22/2009:svnGateway:pnNV53:pvr0100:rvnGateway:rnSJV50TR:rvrRev:cvnGateway:ct10:cvrNone:
dmi.product.name: NV53
dmi.product.version: 0100
dmi.sys.vendor: Gateway

Jasen Enlow (assbackwards4542) wrote :
tags: added: audio
Eric Sather (errhoss) on 2010-06-08
affects: ubuntu → alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Could you please update your system, so you have linux 2.6.32-23-generic installed. Once you have that kernel version, please try installing linux-alsa-modules-2.6.32-23-generic from the Ubuntu Audio Dev PPA, http://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive, and reboot. Please report back as to whether the headphones muting internal speakers works as you would expect.

Thanks

I may not be very advanced in this whole linux deal, but as far as i can see
they haven't released version 23 yet. i cant find it in the update manager
at least.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Luke Yelavich
<email address hidden>wrote:

> Could you please update your system, so you have linux 2.6.32-23-generic
> installed. Once you have that kernel version, please try installing
> linux-alsa-modules-2.6.32-23-generic from the Ubuntu Audio Dev PPA,
> http://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive, and reboot. Please
> report back as to whether the headphones muting internal speakers works
> as you would expect.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Audio plays through Laptop speakers even when headphones are plugged in.
> Gateway NV5378u
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/591105
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu: New
>
> Bug description:
> Ubuntu 10.4
> Expected audio to play through headphones only.
> Audio played through both the headphones, and the laptop speakers.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
> Package: pulseaudio 1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu14
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.36-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
> Uname: Linux 2.6.32-22-generic x86_64
> NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
> AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.21.
> Architecture: amd64
> ArecordDevices:
> **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
> card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> AudioDevicesInUse:
> USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
> /dev/snd/controlC0: awesomesauce 21633 F.... pulseaudio
> Card0.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:0 'SB'/'HDA ATI SB at 0xf0000000 irq 16'
> Mixer name : 'Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa)'
> Components : 'HDA:14f15051,10250292,00100000
> HDA:14f12c06,10250093,00100000'
> Controls : 14
> Simple ctrls : 7
> Card1.Amixer.info:
> Card hw:1 'HDMI'/'HDA ATI HDMI at 0xcfdec000 irq 19'
> Mixer name : 'ATI RS690/780 HDMI'
> Components : 'HDA:1002791a,00791a00,00100000'
> Controls : 4
> Simple ctrls : 1
> Card1.Amixer.values:
> Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
> Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
> Playback channels: Mono
> Mono: Playback [off]
> Date: Tue Jun 8 02:17:49 2010
> EcryptfsInUse: Yes
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64 (20100429)
> ProcEnviron:
> LANG=en_US.utf8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> SourcePackage: pulseaudio
> dmi.bios.date: 10/22/2009
> dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies LTD
> dmi.bios.version: V1.04
> dmi.board.name: SJV50TR
> dmi.board.vendor: Gateway
> dmi.board.version: Rev
> dmi.chassis.type: 10
> dmi.chassis.vendor: Gateway
> dmi.chassis.version: None
> dmi.modalias:
> dmi:bvnPhoenixTechnologiesLTD:bvrV1.04:bd10/22/2009:svnGateway:pnNV53:pvr0100:rvnGateway:rnSJV50TR:rvrRev:cvnGateway:ct10:cvrNone:
> dmi.product.name: NV53
> dmi.product.version: 0100
> dmi.sys.vendor: Gateway
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/591105/+subscribe
>

Gary M (garym) on 2010-10-29
tags: added: hda-jack-sense

I am here to confirm that this bug also affects Ubuntu 11.04 on an Asus K50ij (Best Buy) laptop running currently available updates.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers