Acroread takes 100% cpu after Jaunty upgrade

Bug #367624 reported by JustinN on 2009-04-26
4
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
acroread (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: acroread

After upgrading to Jaunty, acroread (9.1.0) now takes all available cpu cycles. I did not have this problem while running Hardy or Intrepid.

Justin

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
Package: acroread 9.1.0-7jaunty2 [modified: opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/GlobalPrefs/.config]
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=(custom, user)
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: acroread
Uname: Linux 2.6.28-11-generic i686

JustinN (justin-uchicago) wrote :
JustinN (justin-uchicago) wrote :

I should be a bit clearer. I am not sure if acroread was updated when I upgraded to Jaunty, although I did keep my installation current up until I upgraded on 4/23/08.

Justin

duke87 (amit-iiita) wrote :

hi
this bug can be solved by just change your acroread setting in Edit-->prefrences--->internet
change direct connection to manual connection

bug is due to--->("source ")http://blogs.adobe.com/acroread/2008/04/100_cpu_utilization_problem.html

You need look at the acrobat code that is trying to access pmupsw.adobe.com. Acroread gets into an infinite loop when it can't access this site. I ran wireshark and it chokes right after requesting this site ip from dns.

Doug Holton (edtechdev) wrote :

Your acroread wasn't upgraded when you upgraded to jaunty.

acroread was silently dropped from medibuntu, because it is now part of the Canonical Partner repository. So you need to uninstall it, and then enable the Canonical Partner repository under System->Administration->Software Sources->Third Party Software.

Lionel Le Folgoc (mrpouit) wrote :

@ Doug Holton:

> Package: acroread 9.1.0-7jaunty2 [modified: opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/GlobalPrefs/.config]

So it was upgraded…

Changed in acroread (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

[Expired for acroread (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

Changed in acroread (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Expired
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers