Suspend doesn't work on a Latitude E6500
Binary package hint: acpi
Binary package hint: xorg
- Latitude E6500 with an intel video card.
- Clean Lucid Lynx install
Problem: Going to Suspend, the backgroundlight of the display stays on and therefore the powerbutton stays glowing. not blinking like on a successful suspend.
- Resume does`nt work.
- Magic-Keys doesn`t work.
- It seems not to be a kernel-panic because the Caps-Lock and the othere LEDs are not blinking
- it seems not to be the intel-driver - because the special ppa from "Glasen" with version 2.11 has the same problem
I've been searching around launchpad and others related sites with no luck. I've already tested:
- Turn off backlight with some commads, like XSET ... - all working fine
- windows and fedora 13 - Suspend working very fine and like expected
- karmic with no security-updates also working fine, I got the failure after an update, but i don´t no which
- I've tried 2.6.34 mainline with the same result.
- I will try to check which update under karmic brings the problem up
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
InstallationMedia: DistUpgrade from Interpid->Karmic-> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release x64
Test-Installation with clean Lucid -> same problem
MachineType: Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
Package: xorg 1:7.5+5ubuntu1
I will test suspend today evening, and search for