System Settings -> Accounts -> Facebook: account ID is displayed as blank, other account ID shown correctly.

Bug #1441476 reported by Wenfang Si on 2015-04-08
14
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Canonical System Image
Undecided
Unassigned
Online Accounts: Account plugins
Critical
Alberto Mardegan
account-plugins (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Alberto Mardegan

Bug Description

arale device, r165, ubuntu-touch/vivid-proposed

Steps:
1. Enter System Settings -> Accounts, add Facebook account
2. Check "Accounts" page
=> Facebook ID is not shown, while IDs of other accounts are displayed correctly.
3. Tap on "Facebook" and check "Facebook" page
=> Facebook ID is not shown.

Related branches

Wenfang Si (wenfang.si) wrote :
Wenfang Si (wenfang.si) wrote :
affects: ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu) → ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts (Ubuntu)
Alberto Mardegan (mardy) wrote :

It works fine here on image 166.
Can you please try the following: from a phablet-shell, type

    OAU_DAEMON_TIMEOUT=9999 OAU_LOGGING_LEVEL=2 online-accounts-service

and then try to create the account again. If you reproduce the problem and provide the output of the above command, that should help me understand the issue.

Changed in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
Wenfang Si (wenfang.si) wrote :

I updated to r166 and unfortunately on my device it's still reproduceable. I captured logs for you.

What I did to capture it:
1. "Reset phone -> Erase & Reset Everything..." to clear existing accounts data
2. After reboot, run "OAU_DAEMON_TIMEOUT=9999 OAU_LOGGING_LEVEL=2 online-accounts-service" in phablet-shell
3. Try to add Facebook account

Alberto Mardegan (mardy) wrote :

Thanks for the logs, they are very useful. We use the "username" reply field to get the account username, but that has been removed in the facebook 2.0 API:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/upgrading/#upgrading_v2_0_user_ids

It still works for me, probably because I authorized our application key while the v1.0 API was still active. We should probably use the "name" field, which contains the full name of the user.

Changed in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Confirmed
assignee: nobody → Alberto Mardegan (mardy)
affects: ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts (Ubuntu) → account-plugins (Ubuntu)
Changed in account-plugins:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → Critical
assignee: nobody → Alberto Mardegan (mardy)
Alberto Mardegan (mardy) on 2015-04-10
Changed in account-plugins:
status: Confirmed → In Progress
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package account-plugins - 0.12+15.04.20150415.1-0ubuntu1

---------------
account-plugins (0.12+15.04.20150415.1-0ubuntu1) vivid; urgency=medium

  [ Alberto Mardegan ]
  * The "username" field has been removed in the 2.0 API (LP: #1441476)

  [ CI Train Bot ]
  * New rebuild forced.
 -- CI Train Bot <email address hidden> Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:36:57 +0000

Changed in account-plugins (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Fix Released
Changed in canonical-devices-system-image:
status: New → Fix Released
Changed in account-plugins:
status: In Progress → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers