Internet is very slow on Karmic Koala. I am using ethernet cable, I know it works much bettern on my other computer. Please Look into this issue

Bug #467168 reported by strel on 2009-10-31
12
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Ubuntu
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: yelp

Internet seems very slow. I know I have a good connection. I use Ethernet cable, my other computers work fine.

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
Date: Sat Oct 31 12:21:37 2009
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/yelp
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386 (20091028.5)
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Package: yelp 2.28.0-0ubuntu2
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-14.48-generic
SourcePackage: yelp
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-14-generic i686

strel (d-mestetskiy) wrote :
Kris (kristian-holsheimer) wrote :

I have the same problem on amd64. After upgrade to 9.10, the internet connection has been extremely slow, while have a 20mb connection which is used by this computer alone.

affects: yelp (Ubuntu) → ubuntu
Kris (kristian-holsheimer) wrote :

At least my firefox isn't slow anymore after i disabled IPv6 (see http://osnovice.blogspot.com/2007/10/slow-internet-connection-in-ubuntu.html), but this is hardly a real solution. I find that in general downloads are still as fast, it just takes a (very long) while before they start.

Wiplash4 (ranjeet-kuruvilla) wrote :

Hello
I have the same problem. Everything is slow, not just Firefox.
Regards

Yep, if I have couple tabs open it takes forever to load all of them. I
don't know if its an extension issue, but I know for sure I didn't have this
problem before. Granted I was using 64 bit version and not i387, which I use
now. So I don't know if it has to do something with that.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Wiplash4 <email address hidden>wrote:

> Hello
> I have the same problem. Everything is slow, not just Firefox.
> Regards
>
> --
> Internet is very slow on Karmic Koala. I am using ethernet cable, I know it
> works much bettern on my other computer. Please Look into this issue
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/467168
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Ubuntu: New
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: yelp
>
> Internet seems very slow. I know I have a good connection. I use Ethernet
> cable, my other computers work fine.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> Architecture: i386
> Date: Sat Oct 31 12:21:37 2009
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/yelp
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386 (20091028.5)
> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
> Package: yelp 2.28.0-0ubuntu2
> ProcEnviron:
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-14.48-generic
> SourcePackage: yelp
> Uname: Linux 2.6.31-14-generic i686
>

--
Dmitriy Mestetskiy

strel (d-mestetskiy) wrote :

one more thing, when I go to muse.mu website to try to listen to their new
album and they have a new video out called Uprising. Well when I try to play
it, firefox pretty much bombs out and becomes non responsive. When I look at
top, firefox gobbles up over 2 gb of ram when I try to play that video.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Dmitriy Mestetskiy
<email address hidden>wrote:

> Yep, if I have couple tabs open it takes forever to load all of them. I
> don't know if its an extension issue, but I know for sure I didn't have this
> problem before. Granted I was using 64 bit version and not i387, which I use
> now. So I don't know if it has to do something with that.
>
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Wiplash4 <email address hidden>wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> I have the same problem. Everything is slow, not just Firefox.
>> Regards
>>
>> --
>> Internet is very slow on Karmic Koala. I am using ethernet cable, I know
>> it works much bettern on my other computer. Please Look into this issue
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/467168
>> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
>> of the bug.
>>
>> Status in Ubuntu: New
>>
>> Bug description:
>> Binary package hint: yelp
>>
>> Internet seems very slow. I know I have a good connection. I use Ethernet
>> cable, my other computers work fine.
>>
>> ProblemType: Bug
>> Architecture: i386
>> Date: Sat Oct 31 12:21:37 2009
>> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
>> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/yelp
>> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386 (20091028.5)
>> NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
>> Package: yelp 2.28.0-0ubuntu2
>> ProcEnviron:
>> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>> SHELL=/bin/bash
>> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-14.48-generic
>> SourcePackage: yelp
>> Uname: Linux 2.6.31-14-generic i686
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Dmitriy Mestetskiy
>

--
Dmitriy Mestetskiy

A. Tombol (atombol) wrote :

please check https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/417757
and mark this as a duplicate, if the problem is the same

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers