updating deb source on website not updated gracefully in app

Bug #568770 reported by feroxy on 2010-04-23
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Ubuntu Tweak
High
Ding Zhou

Bug Description

I updated the 3rd party sources for Miro on http://ubuntu-tweak.com/ as they recently changed their repo location to launchpad from OSUOSL and will no longer be adding new versions to the old repo.
On the last source centre sync within Ubuntu Tweak, I noticed that the Miro source had become unchecked (presumably as a result of receiving this update and UT no longer recognising the existing deb line for miro in miro.list). I re-enabled the source and discovered that the miro.list source file now contains both the old and new repo locations. Disabling the source again only comments out the new (current) repo line leaving the old one still active.

I'm filing this as a possible bug since I believe this situation should be handled more gracefully and transparently to the end user. Had I not been watching for it, I probably would not have noticed that I no longer had a valid enabled miro source and thus received no further updates (barring the distro updates).
A suggestion might be to have some mechanism for checking for modifications to 3rd party sources that are already enabled and either updating existing deb lines or commenting out the old ones before inserting the new.

Using Ubuntu Tweak 0.5.3 on Ubuntu 9.10

Ding Zhou (tualatrix) wrote :

Thanks. You're right.

It must be deal with, or the invalid source may cause problems.

I will try to add mechanism to check it.

Changed in ubuntu-tweak:
importance: Undecided → High
assignee: nobody → TualatriX (tualatrix)
status: New → Confirmed
milestone: none → 0.5.4
Ding Zhou (tualatrix) on 2010-04-29
Changed in ubuntu-tweak:
milestone: 0.5.4 → none
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers