Possible Memory Leak in mate-panel
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
*** 1.12.2-1 500
3) mate-panel memory usage should stay about constant
4) mate-panel memory usage increases over time
Steps to reproduce:
On a dual screen system running Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS:
- Start Eye Of MATE (eom) image viewer in fullscreen slideshow mode on a folder with enough pictures that they won't all fit in cache.
If no such folder is available, one can create one using the following commands (will take a while depending on your bandwidth and processing power):
sudo pip install youtube-dl
youtube-dl -f 266 https:/
mplayer -ss 45 -vo jpeg:outdir=
This should result in a folder ./frames/ with about 40GB of HD pictures.
- Monitor Memory usage of mate-panel using the command:
top -b -d10 -p pid | grep -E --line-buffered " pid " | tee -a out.log
(where pid is the pid of mate-panel)
- Let it run for a few hours then use the log file to graph the resulting memory usage data, you should obtain something resembling the graph at the end of this thread: https:/
Note: I was also monitoring eom on that graph, to correlate with mate-panel's cpu usage so the graph you obtain won't have so many lines.