Graphical glitches in LibreOffice when using compositing with Marco
Not sure if I should file this issue in Ubuntu Mate, Marco specifically, LibreOffice or some Gtk stuff. Luckily, someone can figure out the origin of the problem and requalify the bug report.
Using Ubuntu Mate 16.04 (Mate 1.12).
When using LibreOffice apps on Ubuntu Mate, I have strange graphical glitches, as demonstrated in the following screenshot: http://
You can see these:
- in the menu, there are buggy separators (they pretty much collide with the text and some of them aren't supposed to be there)
- there is a kind of semi-transparent block on top of the window's title bar; it disappears when hovering over the menu and reappears when hovering out
I also have random glitches like grey lines in the menu that seem to happen only in LibreOffice Calc, as seen there: http://
Through my tests, I can say that:
- This doesn't happen when using no compositor, only when any one is used (Marco basic one, Compton or Compiz).
- This only happens with some Gtk themes (e.g. Ambiant-Mate, the original Ambiance, Numix, Greybird...) and doesn't with others (e.g. Adwaita, Arc, Raleigh, Yuyo...)
- I've only seen this in LibreOffice apps so far.
- From what I know, it doesn't happen in Ubuntu (which uses Compiz and the Ambiance theme).
I have no clue about the exact origin of the problem, especially as it depends of the Gtk theme. So it could be a bug in Mate/Marco handling the composition, in a Gtk engine commonly used, in LibreOffice itself (as it seems highly related to the menu handling and I think LO uses a specific toolkit for menus or something) or a combination of these...
|Changed in ubuntu-mate:|
|status:||Incomplete → New|