Inaccessible panels when setting two panels to the same orientation
Linux Mint: LMDE 201204 (patched today on 2012/08/11 to the latest versions), 32 Bit
2) Problem and reproduction
After adding a second panel on Mate that has been placed on "top" orientation and editing the settings of the standard-panel to be also displayed on the top, both panels kind of crash.
3) What happened
After restarting X, restarting MDM and/or restarting the complete system the fresh added panel starts to blink while the second cannot be seen. None of the panels can be right-clicked to edit the settings. The desktop is kind of unusable.
- There should be an errormessage saying that two panels with the same orientation is not possible
- Or the option "top" (or any other chosen option) should not be usable if another panel uses its orientation already
- Or - if two panels on one orientation are possible - one of them should be clickable to change its settings.
5) The problem happens always.
Quick fix: Edit ".mateconf/
<entry name="orientation" mtime="1344714350" type="string">
- All panels are kind of locked when setting two panels to have the same
+ Inaccessible panels when setting two panels to the same orientation
|tags:||added: mate panel|
|affects:||linuxmint → ubuntu-mate|
|affects:||ubuntu-mate → linuxmint|