Merge Problem

Bug #616130 reported by Chris Woollard on 2010-08-10
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Ubuntu Manual
High
Chris Woollard

Bug Description

In "The Ubuntu Desktop" there is some <<<< >>>> characters where a merge failed.

So there are two versions of the text.

I need to check and remove one version.

This is a not to myself to fix.

Changed in ubuntu-manual:
assignee: nobody → Chris Woollard (cwoollard)
Jason Cook (jasoncook599) wrote :

If you are talking about the "./around-desktop/around-desktop.tex" file, that was a merge that failed in my pull/commit/push. I cleaned up three different spots where the merge failed. This is a different failed merge, though I don't know if it is in the same or a different spot in the file.

I don't know weather or not this is related to these problems, but in the pull/commit/push that caused my problem, there was a lock on the branch. Normally I would have waited a little while for the lock to be removed, but as the branch had been lock for 64 minutes, so I manually broke the lock.

Jason Cook (jasoncook599) wrote :

After looking at the the changes in r153[1] (the push I made the fix the merge problem), you can tell, the merge problem is in the same spot now and when I fixed it.

[1]http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-manual/ubuntu-manual/lucid-e2/revision/153#around-desktop/around-desktop.tex

Kevin Godby (godbyk) wrote :

Yes, it appears the failed merge stuff was committed in r153.

Changed in ubuntu-manual:
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
Changed in ubuntu-manual:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers