Ubuntu EeePC-optimized Kernel

no sound after return from suspend 8.10 with stable kernel

Reported by DonKaron on 2008-11-03
4
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Ubuntu EeePC Kernel
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

I installed eeepc optimized kernel for 8.10 on November 1. Prior to that I had noted occasional failures of sound to function after return from suspend. Now, with the new kernel, that failure occurs almost every time.

The only fix I have yet discovered (I'm a newbie) is Alt-Ctrl-Backspace. I don't know if there's another way to re-initialize the sound service.

Todd Swift (toddswifty) wrote :

I have the exact same problem using a eeepc 900 using Adam's 2.6.24-21 kernel. I'm also just learning Linux. Thanks Adam and others for all your work!

Todd Swift (toddswifty) wrote :

Just found this information:
http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=28209

sudo alsa force-reload

works for me. I haven't edited the files suggested in that link to automate it yet, but will try that tomorrow.
Hope that helps. Todd

Todd -

Thanks, I will try that. Up to now I've fixed it by logging out and back
in.

          Don

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Todd Swift <email address hidden> wrote:

> Just found this information:
> http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=28209
>
> sudo alsa force-reload
>
> works for me. I haven't edited the files suggested in that link to automate
> it yet, but will try that tomorrow.
> Hope that helps. Todd
>
> --
> no sound after return from suspend 8.10 with stable kernel
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/293114
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in Ubuntu EeePC-optimized Kernel: New
>
> Bug description:
> I installed eeepc optimized kernel for 8.10 on November 1. Prior to that I
> had noted occasional failures of sound to function after return from
> suspend. Now, with the new kernel, that failure occurs almost every time.
>
> The only fix I have yet discovered (I'm a newbie) is Alt-Ctrl-Backspace. I
> don't know if there's another way to re-initialize the sound service.
>

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers