PDF-russian version is impossible to build

Bug #493577 reported by Anton Gladky
18
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Ubuntu Desktop Course
Fix Released
Undecided
Kyle Nitzsche

Bug Description

Hi, all!

Russian HTML-version compiles perfectly, but when I tried to build russian PDF version of the course, I get this error:

make student-guide LANG=ru
for doc in book/desktop-course-book.xml legal/legalnotice.xml introduction/Introduction.xml chapter1/Introducing_Ubuntu.xml chapter2/Exploring_the_Ubuntu_Desktop.xml chapter3/Using_Internet.xml chapter4/Using_OpenOffice_Applications.xml chapter5/Ubuntu_and_Games.xml chapter6/Customising_the_Desktop_and_Applications.xml chapter7/Managing_Graphics_and_Photos.xml chapter8/Playing_Music_and_Videos.xml chapter9/Ubuntu_Help_and_Support.xml chapter10/Partitioning_and_Booting.xml ; do \
  doc_name=`basename $doc .xml`; \
  dir_name=`dirname "$doc"`; \
  echo "Checking for translations of: $dir_name/$doc_name." ; \
# for lang in en es ru ; do \
  po_file=$dir_name/po/ru.po ; \
  if [ $doc_name = "desktop-course-book" ] ; then \
   echo "Generating $doc_name.ru.xml file with xsl." ; \
   /usr/bin/xsltproc --stringparam language ru -o $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml lib/book.xsl $dir_name/$doc_name.xml ; \
  else \
   echo "Copying $dir_name/$doc_name.xml to $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml." ; \
   cp $dir_name/$doc_name.xml $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
  fi ; \
  if test -f $po_file ; then \
   echo "$po_file found. Using it to translate $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml to $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml." ; \
   /usr/bin/xml2po -p $po_file -o $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
  else \
   echo "$po_file not found. Using untranslated $dir_name/$doc_name.xml." ; \
   cp $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml ; \
  fi ; \
  rm $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
  mv $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
# done ; \
 done
Checking for translations of: book/desktop-course-book.
Generating desktop-course-book.ru.xml file with xsl.
book/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate book/desktop-course-book.ru.xml to book/desktop-course-book.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: legal/legalnotice.
Copying legal/legalnotice.xml to legal/legalnotice.ru.xml.
legal/po/ru.po not found. Using untranslated legal/legalnotice.xml.
Checking for translations of: introduction/Introduction.
Copying introduction/Introduction.xml to introduction/Introduction.ru.xml.
introduction/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate introduction/Introduction.ru.xml to introduction/Introduction.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter1/Introducing_Ubuntu.
Copying chapter1/Introducing_Ubuntu.xml to chapter1/Introducing_Ubuntu.ru.xml.
chapter1/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter1/Introducing_Ubuntu.ru.xml to chapter1/Introducing_Ubuntu.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter2/Exploring_the_Ubuntu_Desktop.
Copying chapter2/Exploring_the_Ubuntu_Desktop.xml to chapter2/Exploring_the_Ubuntu_Desktop.ru.xml.
chapter2/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter2/Exploring_the_Ubuntu_Desktop.ru.xml to chapter2/Exploring_the_Ubuntu_Desktop.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter3/Using_Internet.
Copying chapter3/Using_Internet.xml to chapter3/Using_Internet.ru.xml.
chapter3/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter3/Using_Internet.ru.xml to chapter3/Using_Internet.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter4/Using_OpenOffice_Applications.
Copying chapter4/Using_OpenOffice_Applications.xml to chapter4/Using_OpenOffice_Applications.ru.xml.
chapter4/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter4/Using_OpenOffice_Applications.ru.xml to chapter4/Using_OpenOffice_Applications.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter5/Ubuntu_and_Games.
Copying chapter5/Ubuntu_and_Games.xml to chapter5/Ubuntu_and_Games.ru.xml.
chapter5/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter5/Ubuntu_and_Games.ru.xml to chapter5/Ubuntu_and_Games.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter6/Customising_the_Desktop_and_Applications.
Copying chapter6/Customising_the_Desktop_and_Applications.xml to chapter6/Customising_the_Desktop_and_Applications.ru.xml.
chapter6/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter6/Customising_the_Desktop_and_Applications.ru.xml to chapter6/Customising_the_Desktop_and_Applications.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter7/Managing_Graphics_and_Photos.
Copying chapter7/Managing_Graphics_and_Photos.xml to chapter7/Managing_Graphics_and_Photos.ru.xml.
chapter7/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter7/Managing_Graphics_and_Photos.ru.xml to chapter7/Managing_Graphics_and_Photos.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter8/Playing_Music_and_Videos.
Copying chapter8/Playing_Music_and_Videos.xml to chapter8/Playing_Music_and_Videos.ru.xml.
chapter8/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter8/Playing_Music_and_Videos.ru.xml to chapter8/Playing_Music_and_Videos.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter9/Ubuntu_Help_and_Support.
Copying chapter9/Ubuntu_Help_and_Support.xml to chapter9/Ubuntu_Help_and_Support.ru.xml.
chapter9/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter9/Ubuntu_Help_and_Support.ru.xml to chapter9/Ubuntu_Help_and_Support.trans.ru.xml.
Checking for translations of: chapter10/Partitioning_and_Booting.
Copying chapter10/Partitioning_and_Booting.xml to chapter10/Partitioning_and_Booting.ru.xml.
chapter10/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate chapter10/Partitioning_and_Booting.ru.xml to chapter10/Partitioning_and_Booting.trans.ru.xml.
for chapter in legal introduction chapter1 chapter2 chapter3 chapter4 chapter5 chapter6 chapter7 chapter8 chapter9 chapter10 ; do \
  if test -d $chapter/images-ru ; then \
   echo "Backing up $chapter/images/ to $chapter/images.orig."; \
   cp -R $chapter/images/ $chapter/images.orig ; \
   echo "Copying $chapter/images-ru to $chapter/images."; \
   cp $chapter/images-ru/* $chapter/images; \
  fi; \
 done
/usr/share/dblatex/lib/dbtexmf/dblatex/grubber/util.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import md5
Build the book set list...
Build the listings...
XSLT stylesheets DocBook - LaTeX 2e (0.2.11-1)
===================================================
No template matches title in listitem.
No template matches title in listitem.
No template matches title in listitem.
No template matches placeholder-1 in emphasis.
Build student-guide.ru.pdf
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
pdflatex failed
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:91: Package babel Error: No Cyrillic encoding definition files were found.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:91: leading text: lcyenc.def, lwnenc.def, ot2enc.def.}
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:267: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:267: leading text: \@ifundefined{sym\cyrillicencoding letters}
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/russianb.ldf:283: leading text: }
student-guide.ru.tex:49: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
student-guide.ru.tex:49: leading text: \begin{document}
student-guide.ru.tex:49: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
student-guide.ru.tex:49: leading text: \begin{document}
student-guide.ru.tex:49: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
student-guide.ru.tex:49: leading text: \begin{document}
student-guide.ru.tex:104: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:104: leading text: \maketitle
student-guide.ru.tex:104: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:104: leading text: \maketitle
student-guide.ru.tex:104: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
student-guide.ru.tex:104: leading text: \maketitle
student-guide.ru.tex:104: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:104: leading text: \maketitle
student-guide.ru.tex:104: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:104: leading text: \maketitle
student-guide.ru.tex:104: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
student-guide.ru.tex:104: leading text: \maketitle
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyrillicencoding.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyrl.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyrn.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyri.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyrl.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyrn.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyri.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyrl.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyrn.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyri.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:105: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:105: leading text: \tableofcontents
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: \chapter
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: \chapter
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: \chapter
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: ...har\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyra{}}
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \cyrs.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: ...har\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyra{}}
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: ...har\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyra{}}
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \cyra.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: ...har\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyra{}}
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: ...har\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyra{}}
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \cyrs.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: ...har\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyra{}}
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: ...har\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyra{}}
student-guide.ru.tex:111: Undefined control sequence \cyra.
student-guide.ru.tex:111: leading text: ...har\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyra{}}
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: {\bf
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \encodingdefault.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: {\bf
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Encoding scheme `' unknown.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: {\bf
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: {\bf \cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \CYRO.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: {\bf \cyrchar\CYRO
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: {\bf \cyrchar\CYRO{} \cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyrk.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: {\bf \cyrchar\CYRO{} \cyrchar\cyrk
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: {\bf \cyrchar\CYRO{} \cyrchar\cyrk{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyru.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: ...rchar\CYRO{} \cyrchar\cyrk{}\cyrchar\cyru
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: ...{} \cyrchar\cyrk{}\cyrchar\cyru{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyrr.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrk{}\cyrchar\cyru{}\cyrchar\cyrr
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: ...k{}\cyrchar\cyru{}\cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyrs.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: ...yrchar\cyru{}\cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: ...u{}\cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:113: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:113: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyre
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: Ubuntu \textendash{} \cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrerev.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: Ubuntu \textendash{} \cyrchar\cyrerev
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ... \textendash{} \cyrchar\cyrerev{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrt.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...tendash{} \cyrchar\cyrerev{}\cyrchar\cyrt
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...\cyrchar\cyrerev{}\cyrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyro.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...har\cyrerev{}\cyrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar\cyro
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...{}\cyrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar\cyro{} \cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrr.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...rchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar\cyro{} \cyrchar\cyrr
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...{}\cyrchar\cyro{} \cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyra.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...rchar\cyro{} \cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyra
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...{} \cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrz.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrz
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...r{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrz{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrr.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrz{}\cyrchar\cyrr
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...a{}\cyrchar\cyrz{}\cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyra.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrz{}\cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyra
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...z{}\cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrb.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrb
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...r{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrb{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyra.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrb{}\cyrchar\cyra
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...a{}\cyrchar\cyrb{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrt.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrb{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrt
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...b{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrery.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...char\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar\cyrery
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...}\cyrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar\cyrery{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrv.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...char\cyrt{}\cyrchar\cyrery{}\cyrchar\cyrv
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...}\cyrchar\cyrery{}\cyrchar\cyrv{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyra.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...char\cyrery{}\cyrchar\cyrv{}\cyrchar\cyra
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...y{}\cyrchar\cyrv{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrv{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyre
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...v{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrm.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar\cyrm
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...a{}\cyrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar\cyrm{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyra.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar\cyrm{}\cyrchar\cyra
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...e{}\cyrchar\cyrm{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrya.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...rchar\cyrm{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrya
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrya{} \cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrs.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...char\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrya{} \cyrchar\cyrs
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...}\cyrchar\cyrya{} \cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyro.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...char\cyrya{} \cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyro
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...{} \cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyro.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyro
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...s{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrb.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrb
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...o{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrb{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrshch.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...har\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrb{}\cyrchar\cyrshch
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...\cyrchar\cyrb{}\cyrchar\cyrshch{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...har\cyrb{}\cyrchar\cyrshch{}\cyrchar\cyre
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...\cyrchar\cyrshch{}\cyrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrs.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...har\cyrshch{}\cyrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar\cyrs
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...h{}\cyrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrt.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyrt
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...e{}\cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrv.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar\cyrv
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...s{}\cyrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar\cyrv{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyro.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrt{}\cyrchar\cyrv{}\cyrchar\cyro
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...t{}\cyrchar\cyrv{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrm.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrv{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrm
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrm{} \cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyro.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...rchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrm{} \cyrchar\cyro
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...{}\cyrchar\cyrm{} \cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrp.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...rchar\cyrm{} \cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrp
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...{} \cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrp{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyre.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrp{}\cyrchar\cyre
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...o{}\cyrchar\cyrp{}\cyrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrr.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrp{}\cyrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar\cyrr
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...p{}\cyrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyra.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyre{}\cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyra
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...e{}\cyrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrc.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrr{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrc
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...r{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrc{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyri.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrc{}\cyrchar\cyri
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...a{}\cyrchar\cyrc{}\cyrchar\cyri{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyro.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrc{}\cyrchar\cyri{}\cyrchar\cyro
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...c{}\cyrchar\cyri{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrn.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyri{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrn
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...i{}\cyrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrn{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrn.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyro{}\cyrchar\cyrn{}\cyrchar\cyrn
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...o{}\cyrchar\cyrn{}\cyrchar\cyrn{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyra.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...yrchar\cyrn{}\cyrchar\cyrn{}\cyrchar\cyra
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...n{}\cyrchar\cyrn{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrya.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...rchar\cyrn{}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrya
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...}\cyrchar\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrya{} \cyrchar
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrs.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...char\cyra{}\cyrchar\cyrya{} \cyrchar\cyrs
student-guide.ru.tex:114: Undefined control sequence \cyrchar.
student-guide.ru.tex:114: leading text: ...}\cyrchar\cyrya{} \cyrchar\cyrs{}\cyrchar

A possible reason for transformation failure is invalid DocBook
(as reported by xmllint)

Error: /undefinedfilename in (book/desktop-course-book-student-guide.ru.pdf)
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
   %interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:1155/1684(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:70/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: 2
GPL Ghostscript 8.70: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
make: *** [student-guide-target] Error 1

Revision history for this message
Torsten Spindler (tspindler) wrote : Re: [Bug 493577] [NEW] PDF-russian version is impossible to build

Have you updated to latest trunk version? There should be a new build
environment in place that solves the Russian PDF problem.

Revision history for this message
Anton Gladky (gladky-anton) wrote :
Download full text (32.8 KiB)

Yes, this is the latest BZR-version.

I also installed all docbook*.deb packages.
______________________________
[ENG] Best Regards
[GER] Mit freundlichen Grüßen
[RUS] С наилучшими пожеланиями
[UKR] З найкращими побажаннями

Anton Gladkyy

2009/12/7 Torsten Spindler <email address hidden>

> Have you updated to latest trunk version? There should be a new build
> environment in place that solves the Russian PDF problem.
>
> --
> PDF-russian version is impossible to build
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/493577
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Russian
> Translators Ubuntu Desktop Course, which is a direct subscriber.
>
> Status in Ubuntu Desktop Course: New
>
> Bug description:
> Hi, all!
>
> Russian HTML-version compiles perfectly, but when I tried to build russian
> PDF version of the course, I get this error:
>
> make student-guide LANG=ru
> for doc in book/desktop-course-book.xml legal/legalnotice.xml
> introduction/Introduction.xml chapter1/Introducing_Ubuntu.xml
> chapter2/Exploring_the_Ubuntu_Desktop.xml chapter3/Using_Internet.xml
> chapter4/Using_OpenOffice_Applications.xml chapter5/Ubuntu_and_Games.xml
> chapter6/Customising_the_Desktop_and_Applications.xml
> chapter7/Managing_Graphics_and_Photos.xml
> chapter8/Playing_Music_and_Videos.xml chapter9/Ubuntu_Help_and_Support.xml
> chapter10/Partitioning_and_Booting.xml ; do \
> doc_name=`basename $doc .xml`; \
> dir_name=`dirname "$doc"`; \
> echo "Checking for translations of: $dir_name/$doc_name." ;
> \
> # for lang in en es ru ; do \
> po_file=$dir_name/po/ru.po ; \
> if [ $doc_name = "desktop-course-book" ] ; then \
> echo "Generating $doc_name.ru.xml file with xsl." ;
> \
> /usr/bin/xsltproc --stringparam language ru -o
> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml lib/book.xsl $dir_name/$doc_name.xml ; \
> else \
> echo "Copying $dir_name/$doc_name.xml to
> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml." ; \
> cp $dir_name/$doc_name.xml
> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
> fi ; \
> if test -f $po_file ; then \
> echo "$po_file found. Using it to translate
> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml to $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml." ; \
> /usr/bin/xml2po -p $po_file -o
> $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
> else \
> echo "$po_file not found. Using untranslated
> $dir_name/$doc_name.xml." ; \
> cp $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml
> $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml ; \
> fi ; \
> rm $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
> mv $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml
> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
> # done ; \
> done
> Checking for translations of: book/desktop-course-book.
> Generating desktop-course-book.ru.xml file with xsl.
> book/po/ru.po found. Using it to translate book/desktop-course-book.ru.xml
> to book/desktop-course-book.trans.ru.xml.
> Checking for translations of: legal/legalnotice.
...

Changed in ubuntu-desktop-course:
status: New → Confirmed
Changed in ubuntu-desktop-course:
status: Confirmed → In Progress
assignee: nobody → Kyle Nitzsche (knitzsche)
Revision history for this message
Kyle Nitzsche (knitzsche) wrote :

I've submitted this merge proposal to fix this and implement some improvements:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~canonical-training/ubuntu-desktop-course/ubuntu-desktop-course-beta/+merge/15820

It implements a language <> font mapping for embedding fonts in pdfs that can be extended to support more of the world's scripts. It now uses apache fop to make pdfs, and ttf-liberation for Cyrillic.

See the README in the root dir for info, including required packages, source layout, build commands, localization, etc.

Revision history for this message
Anton Gladky (gladky-anton) wrote : Re: [Bug 493577] Re: PDF-russian version is impossible to build
Download full text (33.2 KiB)

Ok, thank you very much!

Will try it and report the result.
______________________________

Anton Gladkyy

2009/12/8 Kyle Nitzsche <email address hidden>

> I've submitted this merge proposal to fix this and implement some
> improvements:
>
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~canonical-training/ubuntu-desktop-course/ubuntu-desktop-course-beta/+merge/15820<https://code.edge.launchpad.net/%7Ecanonical-training/ubuntu-desktop-course/ubuntu-desktop-course-beta/+merge/15820>
>
> It implements a language <> font mapping for embedding fonts in pdfs
> that can be extended to support more of the world's scripts. It now uses
> apache fop to make pdfs, and ttf-liberation for Cyrillic.
>
> See the README in the root dir for info, including required packages,
> source layout, build commands, localization, etc.
>
> --
> PDF-russian version is impossible to build
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/493577
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Russian
> Translators Ubuntu Desktop Course, which is a direct subscriber.
>
> Status in Ubuntu Desktop Course: In Progress
>
> Bug description:
> Hi, all!
>
> Russian HTML-version compiles perfectly, but when I tried to build russian
> PDF version of the course, I get this error:
>
> make student-guide LANG=ru
> for doc in book/desktop-course-book.xml legal/legalnotice.xml
> introduction/Introduction.xml chapter1/Introducing_Ubuntu.xml
> chapter2/Exploring_the_Ubuntu_Desktop.xml chapter3/Using_Internet.xml
> chapter4/Using_OpenOffice_Applications.xml chapter5/Ubuntu_and_Games.xml
> chapter6/Customising_the_Desktop_and_Applications.xml
> chapter7/Managing_Graphics_and_Photos.xml
> chapter8/Playing_Music_and_Videos.xml chapter9/Ubuntu_Help_and_Support.xml
> chapter10/Partitioning_and_Booting.xml ; do \
> doc_name=`basename $doc .xml`; \
> dir_name=`dirname "$doc"`; \
> echo "Checking for translations of: $dir_name/$doc_name." ;
> \
> # for lang in en es ru ; do \
> po_file=$dir_name/po/ru.po ; \
> if [ $doc_name = "desktop-course-book" ] ; then \
> echo "Generating $doc_name.ru.xml file with xsl." ;
> \
> /usr/bin/xsltproc --stringparam language ru -o
> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml lib/book.xsl $dir_name/$doc_name.xml ; \
> else \
> echo "Copying $dir_name/$doc_name.xml to
> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml." ; \
> cp $dir_name/$doc_name.xml
> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
> fi ; \
> if test -f $po_file ; then \
> echo "$po_file found. Using it to translate
> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml to $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml." ; \
> /usr/bin/xml2po -p $po_file -o
> $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
> else \
> echo "$po_file not found. Using untranslated
> $dir_name/$doc_name.xml." ; \
> cp $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml
> $dir_name/$doc_name.trans.ru.xml ; \
> fi ; \
> rm $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
> ...

Revision history for this message
Anton Gladky (gladky-anton) wrote :
Download full text (34.3 KiB)

I tried to build the Russian PDF-version. It builds normally, but there are
some problems with encoding.
For example, the name Content on the page iii should be like 'Содержание',
but not what we see there.

Strange, but when I try to copy those text from PDF and insert then here, it
inserts like normal Russian letters :)

Thank you
______________________________

Anton Gladkyy

2009/12/8 Anton Gladky <email address hidden>

> Ok, thank you very much!
>
> Will try it and report the result.
> ______________________________
>
> Anton Gladkyy
>
>
> 2009/12/8 Kyle Nitzsche <email address hidden>
>
> I've submitted this merge proposal to fix this and implement some
>> improvements:
>>
>> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~canonical-training/ubuntu-desktop-course/ubuntu-desktop-course-beta/+merge/15820<https://code.edge.launchpad.net/%7Ecanonical-training/ubuntu-desktop-course/ubuntu-desktop-course-beta/+merge/15820>
>>
>> It implements a language <> font mapping for embedding fonts in pdfs
>> that can be extended to support more of the world's scripts. It now uses
>> apache fop to make pdfs, and ttf-liberation for Cyrillic.
>>
>> See the README in the root dir for info, including required packages,
>> source layout, build commands, localization, etc.
>>
>> --
>> PDF-russian version is impossible to build
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/493577
>> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Russian
>> Translators Ubuntu Desktop Course, which is a direct subscriber.
>>
>> Status in Ubuntu Desktop Course: In Progress
>>
>> Bug description:
>> Hi, all!
>>
>> Russian HTML-version compiles perfectly, but when I tried to build russian
>> PDF version of the course, I get this error:
>>
>> make student-guide LANG=ru
>> for doc in book/desktop-course-book.xml legal/legalnotice.xml
>> introduction/Introduction.xml chapter1/Introducing_Ubuntu.xml
>> chapter2/Exploring_the_Ubuntu_Desktop.xml chapter3/Using_Internet.xml
>> chapter4/Using_OpenOffice_Applications.xml chapter5/Ubuntu_and_Games.xml
>> chapter6/Customising_the_Desktop_and_Applications.xml
>> chapter7/Managing_Graphics_and_Photos.xml
>> chapter8/Playing_Music_and_Videos.xml chapter9/Ubuntu_Help_and_Support.xml
>> chapter10/Partitioning_and_Booting.xml ; do \
>> doc_name=`basename $doc .xml`; \
>> dir_name=`dirname "$doc"`; \
>> echo "Checking for translations of: $dir_name/$doc_name." ;
>> \
>> # for lang in en es ru ; do \
>> po_file=$dir_name/po/ru.po ; \
>> if [ $doc_name = "desktop-course-book" ] ; then \
>> echo "Generating $doc_name.ru.xml file with xsl." ;
>> \
>> /usr/bin/xsltproc --stringparam language ru -o
>> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml lib/book.xsl $dir_name/$doc_name.xml ; \
>> else \
>> echo "Copying $dir_name/$doc_name.xml to
>> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml." ; \
>> cp $dir_name/$doc_name.xml
>> $dir_name/$doc_name.ru.xml ; \
>> fi ; \
>> if test -f $po_file ; then \
>> echo "$po_file found. Using it to translate
...

Revision history for this message
Kyle Nitzsche (knitzsche) wrote :

my merge proposal was merged, so this bug is fix-released.

Changed in ubuntu-desktop-course:
status: In Progress → Fix Released
Revision history for this message
Victor N. (d447224) wrote :

Thank you Kyle very very much!!!

Revision history for this message
Anton Gladky (gladky-anton) wrote :

Sorry, I stil have problems with encoding.
Can we use another font for that?

Revision history for this message
Anton Gladky (gladky-anton) wrote :
Revision history for this message
Kyle Nitzsche (knitzsche) wrote :

Anton:

The Russian PDF build now works, and this bug is fix-released.

So I'd like to track your issue in this new bug: 494569

Can you please provide information there? for example, add your screenshot AND explain what is wrong (it looks like Cyrillic to me ;)

Are there some characters that should be in Cyrillic and are not? Etc.

Thanks,
Kyle

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers