tbzrcommandw.exe fails to run in TortoiseBZR 0.5.6 (Bazaar 2.2.0)

Bug #631758 reported by shypike on 2010-09-06
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
TortoiseBZR
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Running the stand-alone BZR 2.2.0 distribution (full package) on Windows 7 64bit.
This contains Tortoise Bazaar 0.5.6.
When I still used 2.1.0, I could run commands like this:
tbzrcommandw.exe --command="diff" --dir="my-working-folder"

In release 2.2.0/0.5.6 this no longer works
When I use tbzrcommand.exe instead, it does work, but I end up with a useless extra console window,
tbzrcommandw.exe doesn't do anything, not from the command line, nor from the button bar of TotalCommander (that's what I use it for).

Under Windows 7 this is extra unpleasant because for some reason the window never comes up, but remains an icon on the task bar. This makes the extra console more irritating because you need to click the right icon on the taskbar (one for the console and one for the actual window).

INADA Naoki (songofacandy) wrote :

TortoiseBZR doesn't use tbzrcommandw.exe and tbzrcachew.exe anymore.
TortoiseBZR doesn't support tbzrcommandw.exe officialy and it will be removed in the future.

bzrw.exe is bundled from bzr-2.2 and you may be happy with it.
For example:
  bzrw qdiff "my-working-folder"

Changed in tortoisebzr:
status: New → Incomplete

INADA Naoki пишет:
> TortoiseBZR doesn't use tbzrcommandw.exe and tbzrcachew.exe anymore.
> TortoiseBZR doesn't support tbzrcommandw.exe officialy and it will be removed in the future.

Is it possible those executables left from 2.1 install?

shypike (shypike) wrote :

tbzrcommand.exe, tbzrcommandw.exe and tbzrcachew.exe are present in the official Bzr 2.2.0 installer; I just checked on a fresh system.
tbzrcommand.exe is working properly, but not tbzrcommandw.exe.
I can confirm the proper working of bzrw, so as far as I'm concerned, the issue is closed.
You might want to remove the obsolete files from the distribution and update the documentation.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Alexander Belchenko <email address hidden> wrote:
> INADA Naoki пишет:
>> TortoiseBZR doesn't use tbzrcommandw.exe and tbzrcachew.exe anymore.
>> TortoiseBZR doesn't support tbzrcommandw.exe officialy and it will be removed in the future.
>
> Is it possible those executables left from 2.1 install?

What version of TortoiseBZR does bzr-2.1 use?
If 0.5.5 or after, we can remove tbzr*w.exe safely.

>
> --
> tbzrcommandw.exe fails to run in TortoiseBZR 0.5.6 (Bazaar 2.2.0)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/631758
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of
> TortoiseBZR Developers, which is subscribed to TortoiseBZR.
>
> Status in TortoiseBZR: Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> Running the stand-alone BZR 2.2.0 distribution (full package) on Windows 7 64bit.
> This contains Tortoise Bazaar 0.5.6.
> When I still used 2.1.0, I could run commands like this:
> tbzrcommandw.exe --command="diff" --dir="my-working-folder"
>
> In release 2.2.0/0.5.6 this no longer works
> When I use tbzrcommand.exe instead, it does work, but I end up with a useless extra console window,
> tbzrcommandw.exe doesn't do anything, not from the command line, nor from the button bar of TotalCommander (that's what I use it for).
>
> Under Windows 7 this is extra unpleasant because for some reason the window never comes up, but remains an icon on the task bar. This makes the extra console more irritating because you need to click the right icon on the taskbar (one for the console and one for the actual window).
>
>
>

--
INADA Naoki  <email address hidden>

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers