fail to download subtitles due to opensubtitles.org API changes

Bug #1528605 reported by Caesar Ricard on 2015-12-22
60
This bug affects 10 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
SubDownloader
Undecided
Unassigned
subdownloader (Debian)
Fix Released
Unknown
subdownloader (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible" I'm using Kubuntu and it's reporting this bug weeks ago. I can't download subtitle anymore.

Ivan Garcia (capiscuas) wrote :

We are fixing this error this week since the API for opensubtitles.org has changed to reinforce the downloadings. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Filip Oščádal (filip-mxd-cz) wrote :

yeah, confirmed

Changed in subdownloader:
status: New → Confirmed
ctrochalakis (ctrochalakis) wrote :

Hello,

The following patch works for me, feel free to apply it & test it.

Andrey Skvortsov (skv) wrote :

Confirm. 'follow-download-links.patch' fixed the issue.

Confirm. I could download subtitles again with this patch

PPA and deb builds are from 2012 😵

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016, 17:00 Mariano Bianchi <email address hidden>
wrote:

> Confirm. I could download subtitles again with this patch
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1528605
>
> Title:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible"
>
> Status in SubDownloader:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible" I'm
> using Kubuntu and it's reporting this bug weeks ago. I can't download
> subtitle anymore.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/subdownloader/+bug/1528605/+subscriptions
>
--

Filip Oščádal, mobile
system architect
ATELIER\L SKKP-BRNO

Filip Oščádal (filip-mxd-cz) wrote :

the oneline patch works!

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016, 17:32 Filip Oščádal ☯ mxd.cz <email address hidden> wrote:

> PPA and deb builds are from 2012 😵
>
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2016, 17:00 Mariano Bianchi <email address hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> Confirm. I could download subtitles again with this patch
>>
>> --
>> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
>> report.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1528605
>>
>> Title:
>> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible"
>>
>> Status in SubDownloader:
>> Confirmed
>>
>> Bug description:
>> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible" I'm
>> using Kubuntu and it's reporting this bug weeks ago. I can't download
>> subtitle anymore.
>>
>> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/subdownloader/+bug/1528605/+subscriptions
>>
> --
>
> Filip Oščádal, mobile
> system architect
> ATELIER\L SKKP-BRNO
>
--

Filip Oščádal, mobile
system architect
ATELIER\L SKKP-BRNO

Filip Oščádal (filip-mxd-cz) wrote :

you don't say, it's a bug in a python script, so it affects every platform

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016, 20:05 <email address hidden> <email address hidden>
wrote:

> ** Also affects: ubuntu
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1528605
>
> Title:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible"
>
> Status in SubDownloader:
> Confirmed
> Status in Ubuntu:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible" I'm
> using Kubuntu and it's reporting this bug weeks ago. I can't download
> subtitle anymore.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/subdownloader/+bug/1528605/+subscriptions
>
--

Filip Oščádal, mobile
system architect
ATELIER\L SKKP-BRNO

The attachment "follow-download-links.patch" seems to be a patch. If it isn't, please remove the "patch" flag from the attachment, remove the "patch" tag, and if you are a member of the ~ubuntu-reviewers, unsubscribe the team.

[This is an automated message performed by a Launchpad user owned by ~brian-murray, for any issues please contact him.]

tags: added: patch
zhiel (jose-manhique) wrote :

Sorry guys, Im kinda lost on how to apply the patch on MacOS, can I get a little help?

Cheers

it must be very similar, find the path to main.py > I'm anti Apple guy,
sorry

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016, 20:41 zhiel <email address hidden> wrote:

> Sorry guys, Im kinda lost on how to apply the patch on MacOS, can I get
> a little help?
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1528605
>
> Title:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible"
>
> Status in SubDownloader:
> Confirmed
> Status in Ubuntu:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible" I'm
> using Kubuntu and it's reporting this bug weeks ago. I can't download
> subtitle anymore.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/subdownloader/+bug/1528605/+subscriptions
>
--

Filip Oščádal, mobile
system architect
ATELIER\L SKKP-BRNO

I'm sure there are better options but you just have to read the file shared in the comment #3 and replace with a simple copy/paste the things patched there. If you don't understand the patch sytax, ask here again.

I would search for main.py under
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Downloads/subdownloader/dist/run.app/Contents/Resources/
as I can search from the Internet??

Filip Oščádal
*System Architect*
*https://mxd.cz <https://mxd.cz>*

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Mariano Bianchi <<email address hidden>
> wrote:

> I'm sure there are better options but you just have to read the file
> shared in the comment #3 and replace with a simple copy/paste the things
> patched there. If you don't understand the patch sytax, ask here again.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1528605
>
> Title:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible"
>
> Status in SubDownloader:
> Confirmed
> Status in Ubuntu:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible" I'm
> using Kubuntu and it's reporting this bug weeks ago. I can't download
> subtitle anymore.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/subdownloader/+bug/1528605/+subscriptions
>

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Mattia Rizzolo (mapreri) on 2016-01-15
affects: ubuntu → subdownloader (Ubuntu)
Changed in subdownloader (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Changed in subdownloader (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Mattia Rizzolo (mapreri) on 2016-01-15
summary: - when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible"
+ fail to download subtitles due to opensubtitles.org API changes
Mattia Rizzolo (mapreri) wrote :

FYI, I just uploaded that patch in the package in Debian, since it looks pretty fine and works for me.
Should also lend automatically in ubuntu xenial tomorrow.

So fixing 1 line of code takes 3 weeks to deploy into DEB package? Is it
really so fast??

Filip Oščádal
*System Architect*
*https://mxd.cz <https://mxd.cz>*

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 1:05 AM, Mattia Rizzolo <email address hidden> wrote:

> FYI, I just uploaded that patch in the package in Debian, since it looks
> pretty fine and works for me.
> Should also lend automatically in ubuntu xenial tomorrow.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1528605
>
> Title:
> fail to download subtitles due to opensubtitles.org API changes
>
> Status in SubDownloader:
> Confirmed
> Status in subdownloader package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
> Status in subdownloader package in Debian:
> Unknown
>
> Bug description:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible" I'm
> using Kubuntu and it's reporting this bug weeks ago. I can't download
> subtitle anymore.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/subdownloader/+bug/1528605/+subscriptions
>

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package subdownloader - 2.0.18-2

---------------
subdownloader (2.0.18-2) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Team upload

  [ Emilien Klein ]
  * d/patches/load-translations.patch: Corrects Debian's program folder to
      load the translations correctly (Closes: #767036).

  [ Mattia Rizzolo ]
  * Make subdownloader download subtitles again after opensubtitles.org
    API change. Closes: #810530 LP: #1528605

 -- Mattia Rizzolo <email address hidden> Fri, 15 Jan 2016 23:55:47 +0000

Changed in subdownloader (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Fix Released

something bad on this page:

https://launchpad.net/subdownloader/trunk

VersionExpectedReleasedSummary SubDownloader 2.0.18.1
<https://launchpad.net/subdownloader/+milestone/2.0.18.1>Nonenot yet
releasedBugs targeted: *1* Fix Committed SubDownloader 2.0.18
<https://launchpad.net/subdownloader/+milestone/2.0.18>None2012-11-17

Filip Oščádal
*System Architect*
*https://mxd.cz <https://mxd.cz>*

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 1:05 AM, Mattia Rizzolo <email address hidden> wrote:

> FYI, I just uploaded that patch in the package in Debian, since it looks
> pretty fine and works for me.
> Should also lend automatically in ubuntu xenial tomorrow.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1528605
>
> Title:
> fail to download subtitles due to opensubtitles.org API changes
>
> Status in SubDownloader:
> Confirmed
> Status in subdownloader package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
> Status in subdownloader package in Debian:
> Unknown
>
> Bug description:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible" I'm
> using Kubuntu and it's reporting this bug weeks ago. I can't download
> subtitle anymore.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/subdownloader/+bug/1528605/+subscriptions
>

Changed in subdownloader (Debian):
status: Unknown → Fix Released
henczati (henczati) wrote :

Thanks, 2.0.18-2 seems to work for me on Ubuntu Trusty. (built the deb from the source for Xenial)

However, it would be appreciated if the bin packages would get updated in either the official repos or the dev. PPA (https://launchpad.net/~subdownloader-developers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa) for running ubuntu releases.

Thanks in advance.

its not only in linux in widows too i solved the problem i unistalled the stupid programm

what the fuck...

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016, 10:11 PRSASSISTENZAREMOTA <email address hidden>
wrote:

> its not only in linux in widows too i solved the problem i unistalled
> the stupid programm
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1528605
>
> Title:
> fail to download subtitles due to opensubtitles.org API changes
>
> Status in SubDownloader:
> Confirmed
> Status in subdownloader package in Ubuntu:
> Fix Released
> Status in subdownloader package in Debian:
> Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> when download a subtitle reports a message "it's not possible" I'm
> using Kubuntu and it's reporting this bug weeks ago. I can't download
> subtitle anymore.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/subdownloader/+bug/1528605/+subscriptions
>
--

Filip Oščádal, mobile
system architect
ATELIER\L SKKP-BRNO

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.