Musicbrainz native interface not supported (ony freedb gateway lookups possible)

Bug #991535 reported by Eike Thaden on 2012-04-29
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
soundkonverter
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Musicbrainz lookups are currently not possible due to a wrongly calculated discid (only the musicbrainz freedb is working). The supported patch fixes the calculation of the lead out track. Musicbrainz native interface is working with this patch

Daniel Faust (hessijames) wrote :

Very cool, thanks.
May I ask how you came up with that solution.

Changed in soundkonverter:
status: New → Fix Committed

Am 04/30/12 18:03, schrieb HessiJames:
> Very cool, thanks.
> May I ask how you came up with that solution.
>
> ** Changed in: soundkonverter
> Status: New => Fix Committed
>
More or less by chance. I started by trying to calculate correct
Musicbrainz discIDs, based on track offsets, using sha1 and encoded the
result with base64. Unfortunately I was not successful with that. But
while working on that I found out that Musicbrainz has not only the disc
IDs but also complete TOCs of the discs available on their website
including the lead out track offset. And while comparing those with the
one calculated I realized the off-by-one issue in the lead-out track
offset. Pretty cool. :-)

I'm still wondering that this is working for discs with data sessions.
Obviously the algorithm differs from the one they've written on their
website (where the lead-out offset is calculated differently). But I
think most (if not all not imported from freedb) discs in the
Musicbrainz DB have been inserted by using their tool "picard". I've
also used this tool to add the disc ID to my data-track test disc. And
lookups for that disc are succesful now using the native interface. I
guess the patch is right and their website is wrong.

Best regards
 Eike

Daniel Faust (hessijames) wrote :

I spent some time today to find out more about MusicBrainz.
I implemented a disc id calculation which took me some time because their documentation really is not very good.
Maybe I'll add this to the next release.
For now I should release a new version soon because of the cd rom detection patch of yours. Ubuntu upgraders might get disappointed.

Changed in soundkonverter:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers