Conversion runs but the output file fails to create when conversion completes

Bug #1526067 reported by William Vincenti
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone

Bug Description

I'm running Arch Linux 4.3.0-1-ck. When I upgrade Soundconverter with full system upgrade (pacman -Syu), Soundconverter 2.1.6 fails to complete conversions. Example - convert musicfile.wma to musicfile.mp3, preferences set to high (192) and CBR, put new file in same directory with new file extension - do not delete original using the Soundconverter GUI. The GUI shows the temporary file created (and Thunar file manager confirms there is a temporary file in the directory) while the conversion is running, the horizontal graph display shows the conversion running. When conversion completes the new file isn't being created. I've also tried different conversion preferences but get same results.
When I roll back to Soundconverter 2.1.5, conversion runs as expected without errors. I have found nothing similar in the Arch forums.
Is there a way to debug the output in a terminal to find out when/where/why it is dumping the converted file?
Thank you.

Revision history for this message
William Vincenti (williamvincenti-comcast) wrote :

RESOLVED - it turns out certain wma's won't convert due to windows media codecs missing, some convert some don't. I'm not sure what changed from 2.1.5 to 2.1.6. I went ahead and re-upgraded to 2.1.6 and ran Soundconverter from the command-line with the -d option (debug) and everything now works (found the problem with some missing windows media audio codecs) and now it converts files from the normal application launch. Certain wma's don't but probably has to do with Windows drm.
Sorry for false alarm.


To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.