Kupu - problems with font size and poorly aimed bullets in IE6

Bug #101263 reported by Jan V Smith on 2004-11-03
8
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Silva
Medium
Guido Wesdorp

Bug Description

In the version on kupu at http://www.infrae.com:28080/silva/ (Silva 1.1+?):

a. It is not possible to change the font size from the drop down sizing list in
the top navigation area. The selected text remains defiantly unchanged.

b. When creating a bulleted list the bullets fly out on save. The bullets land
above the selected text creating unwanted mayhem on the page:)

Guido Wesdorp (guido-infrae) wrote :

I managed to reproduce the latter, seems to be a problem with IE generating divs
under certain circumstances (first entering paragraphs, then selecting them and
pressing list button?) and the transformations moving them to top-level when
they shouldn't, however, I couldn't reproduce the former problem. Do you have
more information about how to reproduce it? I can change paragraph style just
fine, saves perfectly and also after save it still works.

Jan V Smith (jansmith) wrote :

Re the problem changing the font size, I've tried this on two machines both with
IE version 6.0.2900.2180 one machine in Adelaide the other in Melbourne.

I typed some text I wanted as a heading, selected it and tried to choose sub
heading but this did not change the font size. The same thing happens when you
try to select title, heading, subsub, paragraph and subparagraph under heading
but NOT to the items under paragraph) The selection plain remains firmly in the
window. I don't have this problem in Mozilla 1.7.3.

Jan V Smith (jansmith) wrote :

These points are still a problem in IE 6 version 6.0.2900 in Silva 1.1.1.
Tested on my home machine with Silva 1.1.1.

These problems do not occur in Mozilla 1.7

Jan V Smith (jansmith) wrote :

Forgot to add the url :)

http://www.infrae.com/st/silva_docs_1_2/testkupu
This is silva 1.1 but same thing happens on 1.1.1 in ie.

Jan V Smith (jansmith) wrote :

I've moved the example for this issue out of the silva 1.2 doc area into the
test area.

http://www.infrae.com/st/Jan_Tests/testkupu/preview_html

Wim Boucquaert (wim-boucquaert) wrote :

I tried to reproduce both problems on IE6 using Silva 2.0 and couldn't reproduce the errors

Changed in silva:
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Changed in silva:
milestone: none → 2.0
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers