[1.1.0] IDE: problems with scripts having an image file with size 0 byte (however this happened ;-)

Bug #1579812 reported by sgfit on 2016-05-09
12
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Sikuli
High
RaiMan

Bug Description

Sikuli 1.1.0, Windows 7 x64.

When attempting to save a .sikuli in the IDE, instead of saving, the contents of the .sikuli folder are deleted and the IDE returns the error message "[error] EditorPane: read returned null". The contents of the previous .sikuli script are still present in a tab labelled 'Untitled'.

When attempting to save the tab labelled untitled, the IDE returns this error message, and the .sikuli folder is not generated:
"[error] EditorPane: read returned null"

Restarting the IDE then returns:
"[error] EditorPane: read returned null"
"[error] IDE: restoreScriptFromSession: Can't load: C:\Users\username\Documents\Sikuli\project\win7.sikuli"

Permissions for the folders in question allow reading and writing, so doubt it is a file permissions issue.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a large script (>200 images, >1000 lines)
2. Attempt to save.

sgfit (sgfit) on 2016-05-09
summary: - "EditorPane: read returned null" when attempting to open .sikuli
+ "EditorPane: read returned null" when attempting to save or open .sikuli
RaiMan (raimund-hocke) on 2016-05-09
Changed in sikuli:
status: New → In Progress
importance: Undecided → High
assignee: nobody → RaiMan (raimund-hocke)
milestone: none → 1.1.1
summary: - "EditorPane: read returned null" when attempting to save or open .sikuli
+ [1.1.0] IDE: problems when loading scripts with many lines at startup
+ restore
summary: - [1.1.0] IDE: problems when loading scripts with many lines at startup
- restore
+ [1.1.0] IDE: problems when saving scripts with many lines and then with
+ startup restore

For further contents, the last few lines of the log - no errors prior to this:

[debug] Image: loaded: HomeTab_ReencodingNotice.png (file:/C:/Users/username/Documents/Sikuli/project/win7.sikuli/HomeTab_ReencodingNotice.png)
[debug] Image: cached: HomeTab_ReencodingNotice.png (17 KB) (# 102 KB 1572 -- 2 % of 64 MB)
[error] EditorPane: read returned null
[debug] EditorPane: updateDocumentListeners from: loadFile
[debug] Image: purge: ImagePath: /C:/Users/username/Documents/Sikuli/project/win7.sikuli/
[debug] ImagePath: new BundlePath:
/C:/Users/username/Documents/Sikuli/project/one.sikuli/
[debug] Image: purge: ImagePath: /C:/Users/username/Documents/Sikuli/project/one.sikuli/
[debug] ImagePath: new BundlePath:
/C:/Users/username/Documents/Sikuli/project/project.sikuli/
[debug] search: from 0 forward: true
[debug] search: from 0 forward: true
[debug] search: from 0 forward: true
[debug] MenuAction.doQuit
[debug] IDE: doQuit requested
[debug] Image: purge: ImagePath: /C:/Users/username/Documents/Sikuli/project/project.sikuli/
[debug] ImagePath: new BundlePath:
/C:/Users/username/Documents/Sikuli/project/one.sikuli/
[debug] Sikulix: cleanUp: 0
[debug] RunTimeIDE: final cleanup
[debug] FileManager: deleteFileOrFolder:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Sikulix_1224545332

sgfit (sgfit) wrote :

I think I found how to fix it in my case, but not the ultimate cause.

When I saved a new screenshot from sikuliide, the resulting file was saved as a 0-byte file. Attempting to save or open the .sikuli from then on caused the 'read returned null' error mentioned before.

I haven't tracked down why the screenshot was saved as a 0-byte file, but if this error comes up for anyone else, that's probably the cause.

RaiMan (raimund-hocke) wrote :

thanks for tracking this down. Lets see what I can do.

summary: - [1.1.0] IDE: problems when saving scripts with many lines and then with
- startup restore
+ [1.1.0] IDE: problems with scripts having an image file with size 0 byte
+ (however this happened ;-)
William (servicespcqc) wrote :

I got the same bug : I can't open a sikuli folder. I was able to open it the past days but I am not able to do it now. "EditorPane: read returned null"

I reinstalled Java, nothing happened.

I have cleared the 0-byte screenshot and my problem is still there.

One thing that can be nice to know is that even if the sikuli folder is "rejected" by the IDE, I can't delete the *.py file of my project/sikuli folder. Maybe it can lead you somewhere.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers