[1.1.0] IDE: image files are deleted when saving script with existing same name (using Save As)

Bug #1532730 reported by RaiMan on 2016-01-11
12
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Sikuli
High
RaiMan

Bug Description

(1)save script named "script01" (by [save as...])
script01.sikuli is created.
there is image file.

(2)open "script01"

(3)again save script named "script01" (by [save as...] instead of by [save])
script01.sikuli is exists.
there is not image file.

RaiMan (raimund-hocke) on 2016-01-11
Changed in sikuli:
status: New → In Progress
importance: Undecided → High
assignee: nobody → RaiMan (raimund-hocke)
milestone: none → 1.1.1
Rob QA Bluebeam (rbruce) wrote :

We are experiencing something like this; it seems when we got to a certain amount of images (somewhere in the 30-40 range, maybe more) in one sikuli folder then when the IDE is started it deletes somewhere around 28 images from that folder.

We had to split off a lib script to solve the problem, with many git reverts and awkward manual deletions of images from the offending folders.

This is a very not fun bug to run into on a large project- especially when you don't know it is coming.

RaiMan (raimund-hocke) on 2016-02-25
summary: [1.1.0] IDE: image files are deleted when saving script with existing
- name (overwrite)
+ same name (using Save As)
Rob QA Bluebeam (rbruce) wrote :

Actually we figured this out- it was as a result of having a missing " at the end of a string. Everything after that was considered garbage and was deleted upon restarting the IDE. I turned off the setting where it deletes unused images. That solved my issue. I think this is maybe related to what I am seeing elsewhere on the bug message board.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers