[1.0.1 ok] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts are partly corrupted when using import of other Sikuli scripts --- fixed

Bug #1212763 reported by RaiMan on 2013-08-15
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Sikuli
Critical
RaiMan

Bug Description

--- fixed in 1.0.1 per August 16 at 4 pm gmt+1
run setup again to get the versions having the fix
-----------------------------------------------

--- problem
the path to the folder containing scripts is corrupted when importing other Sikuli scripts.
Imports do not work and images are said not to be found on disk anymore.
If you run with command line option -d 3, you can see, that the paths are broken in between at some \ characters.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
yesterday I updated from May version of sikuli to the new one and the scripts that were running before begin to fail. Right now my problem is that during test case execution it looks for image files not in its home directory, but in other one:

I've got a file structure
c:\test\sikuli\bin <- here are .jars and runIDE.cmd
c:\test\sikuli\bin\libs <- sikuli created directory with dlls
c:\test\sikuli\testcases <- the folder containing all the testcases as *.sikuli folders:
...\setup.sikuli
...\constants.sikuli
...\mytestcase.sikuli
...\mytestcase.sikuli\image.png

mytestcase text:
====
libPath="c:\\test\\sikuli\\testcases\\" <- had to import these 3 lines after sikuli update, because it refused to see modules anymore, though they're in the same folder
if not libPath in sys.path:
    sys.path.append(libPath)
import setup
import constants

def someFunction(param):
    click(constants.butOK)
    click(wait("image.png")) <- the error happens here
    return 0

setup.doLogin()
someFunction("someValue")
exit(0)
====

When I run it, it calls someFunction, goes up to the marked line and crashes with error:
[error] image.png looks like a file, but not on disk. Assume it's text.
[error] Region.find(text): text search is currently switched off
[error] script [ mytestcase ] stopped with error in line 13
[error] FindFailed ( Text search currently switched off )

so it doesn't see the image file in its own directory. However, when I copy that file into c:\test\sikuli\testcases\setup.sikuli\, the script starts to work correctly! This happens now with every script I have

Please advice, what's done wrong? I cannot move the images from all the scripts into one folder, there's tons of them

RaiMan (raimund-hocke) on 2013-08-15
summary: - [1.0.1] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts
+ [1.0.1] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts make problems with some
+ characters after the \'s (e.g. \t...)
Changed in sikuli:
status: New → Fix Committed
importance: Undecided → High
assignee: nobody → RaiMan (raimund-hocke)
milestone: none → 1.1.0
description: updated
summary: [1.0.1] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts make problems with some
- characters after the \'s (e.g. \t...)
+ characters after the \'s (e.g. \t...) --- workaround
RaiMan (raimund-hocke) on 2013-08-16
summary: [1.0.1] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts make problems with some
- characters after the \'s (e.g. \t...) --- workaround
+ characters after the \'s (e.g. \t...) when using import of other Sikuli
+ scripts --- workaround
description: updated
RaiMan (raimund-hocke) on 2013-08-16
Changed in sikuli:
importance: High → Critical
RaiMan (raimund-hocke) on 2013-08-16
description: updated
summary: [1.0.1] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts make problems with some
characters after the \'s (e.g. \t...) when using import of other Sikuli
- scripts --- workaround
+ scripts --- fixed
RaiMan (raimund-hocke) on 2013-08-16
summary: - [1.0.1] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts make problems with some
+ [1.0.1 ok] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts make problems with some
characters after the \'s (e.g. \t...) when using import of other Sikuli
scripts --- fixed
summary: - [1.0.1 ok] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts make problems with some
- characters after the \'s (e.g. \t...) when using import of other Sikuli
- scripts --- fixed
+ [1.0.1 ok] Windows: paths to Sikuli scripts are partly corrupted when
+ using import of other Sikuli scripts --- fixed
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers