Schooltool-2008 doesn't install because of dependancies

Bug #352096 reported by Gabriel Fernández on 2009-03-31
4
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
SchoolTool
Critical
Gediminas Paulauskas

Bug Description

:~$ sudo apt-get install schooltool-2008
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  schooltool-2008: Depends: python-schooltool but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: python-schooltool.stapp2008fall but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: python-zope.server but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

:~$ sudo apt-get install python-schooltool.stapp2008fall
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  python-schooltool.stapp2008fall: Depends: python-schooltool but it is not going to be installed
                                   Depends: python-schooltool.gradebook but it is not going to be installed
                                   Depends: python-schooltool.lyceum.journal but it is not going to be installed
                                   Depends: python-schooltool but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

etc. etc. etc.

Tom Hoffman (tom-hoffman) wrote :

Which version of Ubuntu are you running?

Changed in schooltool:
assignee: nobody → ignas
importance: Undecided → Critical
milestone: none → jaunty
status: New → Triaged

Jaunty Beta. If it's still not supported I understand. I really look
forward to using schooltool.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Tom Hoffman <email address hidden> wrote:

> Which version of Ubuntu are you running?
>
> ** Changed in: schooltool
> Importance: Undecided => Critical
>
> ** Changed in: schooltool
> Status: New => Triaged
>
> ** Changed in: schooltool
> Milestone: None => jaunty
> Assignee: (unassigned) => Ignas Mikalajūnas (ignas)
>
> --
> Schooltool-2008 doesn't install because of dependancies
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/352096
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in SchoolTool: Triaged
>
> Bug description:
> :~$ sudo apt-get install schooltool-2008
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> or been moved out of Incoming.
> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> schooltool-2008: Depends: python-schooltool but it is not going to be
> installed
> Depends: python-schooltool.stapp2008fall but it is not
> going to be installed
> Depends: python-zope.server but it is not going to be
> installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> :~$ sudo apt-get install python-schooltool.stapp2008fall
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> or been moved out of Incoming.
> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> python-schooltool.stapp2008fall: Depends: python-schooltool but it is not
> going to be installed
> Depends: python-schooltool.gradebook but
> it is not going to be installed
> Depends: python-schooltool.lyceum.journal
> but it is not going to be installed
> Depends: python-schooltool but it is not
> going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
>
> etc. etc. etc.
>

Gabriel Fernández (gefv09) wrote :

BTW, thnx for the (amazingly) fast response.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Tom Hoffman <email address hidden> wrote:

> Which version of Ubuntu are you running?
>
> ** Changed in: schooltool
> Importance: Undecided => Critical
>
> ** Changed in: schooltool
> Status: New => Triaged
>
> ** Changed in: schooltool
> Milestone: None => jaunty
> Assignee: (unassigned) => Ignas Mikalajūnas (ignas)
>
> --
> Schooltool-2008 doesn't install because of dependancies
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/352096
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in SchoolTool: Triaged
>
> Bug description:
> :~$ sudo apt-get install schooltool-2008
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> or been moved out of Incoming.
> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> schooltool-2008: Depends: python-schooltool but it is not going to be
> installed
> Depends: python-schooltool.stapp2008fall but it is not
> going to be installed
> Depends: python-zope.server but it is not going to be
> installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> :~$ sudo apt-get install python-schooltool.stapp2008fall
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> or been moved out of Incoming.
> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> python-schooltool.stapp2008fall: Depends: python-schooltool but it is not
> going to be installed
> Depends: python-schooltool.gradebook but
> it is not going to be installed
> Depends: python-schooltool.lyceum.journal
> but it is not going to be installed
> Depends: python-schooltool but it is not
> going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
>
> etc. etc. etc.
>

Tom Hoffman (tom-hoffman) wrote :

I think we're still working on the Jaunty packages, but your feedback is helpful.

Gediminas Paulauskas (menesis) wrote :

I am working on packaging for jaunty and after

Changed in schooltool:
assignee: ignas → menesis
Gediminas Paulauskas (menesis) wrote :

I have uploaded the last missing package, python-schooltool.stapp2008fall, on Friday just before leaving in the evening, and have not tested yet that all packages are installable and dependencies satisfiable. Will work on this on Monday.

tags: added: jaunty packaging
Changed in schooltool:
status: Triaged → Fix Released
Changed in schooltool:
milestone: jaunty → 2009.4.13
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers