COPY-READTABLE is not documented and does not always create proper copies

Bug #1631506 reported by Philipp Matthias Schäfer on 2016-10-07
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
SBCL
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

COPY-READTABLE does not create proper copies when using existing readtables with non-base-char macro characters as targets.

COPY-READTABLE is missing a doc string.

The attach patch fixes both.

In case you do not want to apply the breaking change, I added a patch with only the docstring change.

Douglas Katzman (dougk) wrote :

The test is wrong but I'll fix it. The 3rd arg to SET-MACRO-CHARACTER is not the readtable, it's a generalized boolean. And to make the test even more robust, it should assert that the hashtable actually had something in it, just in case we decided to extend the char-array to have 256 elements in it even for Unicode builds.

Changed in sbcl:
status: New → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers