plugin file required dependency on rb

Bug #1045530 reported by fossfreedom
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Repeat One Song
Medium
Eduardo Mucelli Rezende Oliveira

Bug Description

Depending on the combination of plugins used, sometimes repeat-one-song fails to load due to this error:

dad@dad-VirtualBox:~$ rhythmbox
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/repeat-one-song/repeat-one-song.py", line 26, in
import rb
ImportError: No module named rb

(rhythmbox:2173): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'repeat-one-song'

this occurs after activating the plugin, closing rhythmbox and then restarting.

problem goes away with a Depends=rb in the plugin file.

Revision history for this message
Ma Hsiao-chun (mahsiaochun) wrote :

I cannot reproduce this problem with Rhythmbox 2.96 on Ubuntu 12.04 and repeat-one-song 0.2

Revision history for this message
fossfreedom (fossfreedom) wrote :

You need to have more than one plugin enabled - its not "repeatable" in a true sense - its only when you use a combination of plugins. When you get the "right" combination - it will hit all the time.

Its not only this plugin that suffers from this - any plugin that "import rb" can & do suffer - I've been developing and testing lots of plugins so this is a well known issue affecting v2.96/2.97 and 2.98 rhythmbox.

It's an easy fix - it doesnt do any harm including the extra line in the plugin file.

Revision history for this message
Ma Hsiao-chun (mahsiaochun) wrote :

I'm not a develop of repeat-one-song.

As a general advice, why don't you submit a patch instead of say that "problem goes away with a Depends=rb in the plugin file."? Other people may not be that familiar with rhythmbox plugin stuff and may not get your exact meaning.

Revision history for this message
fossfreedom (fossfreedom) wrote :

Yep - agree with you. Enclosed is a diff patch.

patch -p1 -i repeat-one-song.plugin.patch

Revision history for this message
Eduardo Mucelli Rezende Oliveira (eduardo-mucelli) wrote : Re: [Bug 1045530] Re: plugin file required dependency on rb

I've been out for a while. I am going to add that. Thanks a million for
your report.

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Ma Xiaojun <email address hidden> wrote:

> I'm not a develop of repeat-one-song.
>
> As a general advice, why don't you submit a patch instead of say that
> "problem goes away with a Depends=rb in the plugin file."? Other people
> may not be that familiar with rhythmbox plugin stuff and may not get
> your exact meaning.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to Repeat
> One Song.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1045530
>
> Title:
> plugin file required dependency on rb
>
> Status in Repeat One Song for Rhythmbox:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Depending on the combination of plugins used, sometimes repeat-one-
> song fails to load due to this error:
>
> dad@dad-VirtualBox:~$ rhythmbox
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/repeat-one-song/repeat-one-song.py",
> line 26, in
> import rb
> ImportError: No module named rb
>
> (rhythmbox:2173): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'repeat-
> one-song'
>
> this occurs after activating the plugin, closing rhythmbox and then
> restarting.
>
> problem goes away with a Depends=rb in the plugin file.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/repeat-one-song/+bug/1045530/+subscriptions
>

--
Eduardo Mucelli R. Oliveira ~
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eeduardo-mucelli>

Revision history for this message
Eduardo Mucelli Rezende Oliveira (eduardo-mucelli) wrote :

Great. I knew how to patch that, actually your first e-mail is still on my
inbox, but I've been really tight in time, and was not sure about the
necessity. As you said, it is a combination of "plugins" that trigger the
behavior.

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM, fossfreedom <email address hidden>wrote:

> Yep - agree with you. Enclosed is a diff patch.
>
> patch -p1 -i repeat-one-song.plugin.patch
>
>
> ** Patch added: "Patch to add Depends=rb to plugin file"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/repeat-one-song/+bug/1045530/+attachment/3424187/+files/repeat-one-song.plugin.patch
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to Repeat
> One Song.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1045530
>
> Title:
> plugin file required dependency on rb
>
> Status in Repeat One Song for Rhythmbox:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Depending on the combination of plugins used, sometimes repeat-one-
> song fails to load due to this error:
>
> dad@dad-VirtualBox:~$ rhythmbox
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/repeat-one-song/repeat-one-song.py",
> line 26, in
> import rb
> ImportError: No module named rb
>
> (rhythmbox:2173): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'repeat-
> one-song'
>
> this occurs after activating the plugin, closing rhythmbox and then
> restarting.
>
> problem goes away with a Depends=rb in the plugin file.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/repeat-one-song/+bug/1045530/+subscriptions
>

--
Eduardo Mucelli R. Oliveira ~
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eeduardo-mucelli>

Changed in repeat-one-song:
assignee: nobody → Eduardo Mucelli Rezende Oliveira (eduardo-mucelli)
importance: Undecided → Medium
Revision history for this message
Eduardo Mucelli Rezende Oliveira (eduardo-mucelli) wrote :

I've pushed the new plugin
file<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~eduardo-mucelli/repeat-one-song/trunk/view/head:/repeat-one-song.rb-plugin>.
Thank you all.

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Eduardo Mucelli <email address hidden>wrote:

> Great. I knew how to patch that, actually your first e-mail is still on my
> inbox, but I've been really tight in time, and was not sure about the
> necessity. As you said, it is a combination of "plugins" that trigger the
> behavior.
>
>
> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM, fossfreedom <email address hidden>wrote:
>
>> Yep - agree with you. Enclosed is a diff patch.
>>
>> patch -p1 -i repeat-one-song.plugin.patch
>>
>>
>> ** Patch added: "Patch to add Depends=rb to plugin file"
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/repeat-one-song/+bug/1045530/+attachment/3424187/+files/repeat-one-song.plugin.patch
>>
>> --
>> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to Repeat
>> One Song.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1045530
>>
>> Title:
>> plugin file required dependency on rb
>>
>> Status in Repeat One Song for Rhythmbox:
>> New
>>
>> Bug description:
>> Depending on the combination of plugins used, sometimes repeat-one-
>> song fails to load due to this error:
>>
>> dad@dad-VirtualBox:~$ rhythmbox
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/repeat-one-song/repeat-one-song.py",
>> line 26, in
>> import rb
>> ImportError: No module named rb
>>
>> (rhythmbox:2173): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'repeat-
>> one-song'
>>
>> this occurs after activating the plugin, closing rhythmbox and then
>> restarting.
>>
>> problem goes away with a Depends=rb in the plugin file.
>>
>> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/repeat-one-song/+bug/1045530/+subscriptions
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Eduardo Mucelli R. Oliveira ~ Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eeduardo-mucelli>
>
>

--
Eduardo Mucelli R. Oliveira ~
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eeduardo-mucelli>

Changed in repeat-one-song:
status: New → Fix Committed
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers