Cannot lock during commit from Win 10

Bug #1775993 reported by Jon Emanuel-Hart on 2018-06-09
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
QBzr
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Logged this in the forum but I think I should also log it here. This is what I wrote in the forum:

I am trying to commit changes to a project. I am the only person making changes to this project right now and the last time anyone else made changes was many years ago.

The last time I made a change was in November last year. I changed the same files I am trying to change now. Those changes were committed just fine.

Nothing relevant that I can think of has changed on my Win 10 laptop. As far as I am aware the server has not changed either, I guess the OS might have been upgraded, I have sent a message to the Sys Admin to ask, I am still waiting for him to get back to me.

The error message I am getting is as follows:

Run command: bzr commit -m "Added parameter to allow SEQ Extn Report to show issue lines only - Redmine # 251" XXX_SEQ_Exception_Report_PKG.p...
failed to open trace file: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!
bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock LockDir(file:///C:/Users/jheh/Documents/eBSC/CLEO/CRE/bzr/XXX_SEQ_2_0/.bzr/branch/lock): No such file: u'C:/Users/jheh/Documents/eBSC/CLEO/CRE/bzr/XXX_SEQ_2_0/.bzr/branch/lock/15ilvumryw.tmp': [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'C:/Users/jheh/Documents/eBSC/CLEO/CRE/bzr/XXX_SEQ_2_0/.bzr/branch/lock/15ilvumryw.tmp'

I have just found out that there was a change on my system. MS appear to have renamed my user to match my gmail account for some reason, don't remember giving them permission to do that. I found that out when I tired to copy a file and got a permission warning. I have switched the account name back and that fixed the permission problem, but I still can't lock the project in Bazaar. BTW the branch/lock directory is empty and I have "Show Hidden Files" checked.

Jon Emanuel-Hart (j8hart) wrote :

Turns out this was Win 10 after all. Somehow the folder security had been switched on. Adding Bazaar as a trusted app solved the issue.

Changed in qbzr:
status: New → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers