p-d-e doesn't support building translated help
Currently p-d-e does not support building localized application help. There are several applications which use p-d-e and have user help, but the help is currently not translatable using this build system.
Features needed to be supported:
- building a help pot file to be translated.
- merging po translations into xml documentation, using itstool for mallard and xml2po for docbook.
- validate merged translations with xmllint. Help usually contains a lot of xml, which translators tend to mess up, reporting such cases would be nice.
- (un)installing translated xml files and translated figures under standard help paths - build_help already does this for the C language code
- optionally: merging existing po translations under $help_dir/$ll into the new pot file. Launchpad can do this for us, and Damned-lies does this for upstream Gnome too, but there may be folks out there not using these tools.
For autotools, this script does the magic:
: for example software-center, language-selector, usb-creator