Add scenic

Bug #653639 reported by Alexandre Quessy on 2010-10-02
14
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Puredyne Live
Wishlist
Alexandre Quessy

Bug Description

SCENIC is an on stage telepresence system that allows for real time transmission of audiovisual data over any IP network.

See https://svn.sat.qc.ca/trac/scenic/

Changed in broth:
assignee: nobody → Alexandre Quessy (alexandre-quessy)
importance: Undecided → Wishlist
milestone: none → 10.10
Aymeric Mansoux (aymeric) wrote :

Alexandre, now this the right time to copy scenic to the Puredyne PPA and add it in the packagelists. Allez hop! :)

damaru (gef-ponnuki) wrote :

should we add it anyway now ? I can move ahead since it's in the repos

http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/scenic

Hello!

2011/2/6 damaru <email address hidden>:
> should we add it anyway now ? I can move ahead since it's in the repos
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/scenic

I think you guys should. I don't have any time to dig on this right
now. (I'm in Paris for a booksprint)

Though, it seems like Scenic doesn't work well on Maverick nor on
Natty. We tested it on Lucid only.
Lunch should work with no problem.

Let me know what happens.
Thanks,
--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net/

2011/2/6 Alexandre Quessy <email address hidden>:
> Hello!
>
> 2011/2/6 damaru <email address hidden>:
>> should we add it anyway now ? I can move ahead since it's in the repos
>>
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/scenic
>
> I think you guys should. I don't have any time to dig on this right
> now. (I'm in Paris for a booksprint)
>
> Though, it seems like Scenic doesn't work well on Maverick nor on
> Natty. We tested it on Lucid only.
> Lunch should work with no problem.

Hi Alexandre - it doesn't work well on maverick or natty? How do you
know (if you only tested it on lucid)? Maybe I am confused.

(BTW, lunch is added to the DVD image now, hurrah.)

Dan

Hello Dan!

2011/2/13 Dan S <email address hidden>:
> 2011/2/6 Alexandre Quessy <email address hidden>:
>> Though, it seems like Scenic doesn't work well on Maverick nor on
>> Natty. We tested it on Lucid only.
>
> Hi Alexandre - it doesn't work well on maverick or natty? How do you
> know (if you only tested it on lucid)? Maybe I am confused.

Well, I tried quite a lot on Maverick. :-/
I might work on that later on, but not in the short-term.

Best,
--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net/

danstowell (danstowell) on 2011-05-17
affects: broth → puredyne-live
Changed in puredyne-live:
milestone: 10.10 → none
milestone: none → 10.10
Aymeric Mansoux (aymeric) wrote :

Hey Alexandre,

We're going to release Gazpacho really soon now, in case you want to add it to the next release, now would be the right time, otherwise I will remove it for the current milestone. Let us know!

Changed in puredyne-live:
status: New → Incomplete
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers