Please backport labyrinth 0.6-0ubuntu2 (universe) from raring

Bug #1080138 reported by Thomas Kluyver
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Precise Backports
Undecided
Unassigned
Quantal Backports
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Please backport labyrinth 0.6-0ubuntu2 (universe) from raring to precise, quantal.

Reason for the backport:
========================

Labyrinth is a user facing application that no other package depends on. I'd like to
make the improvements in 0.6 available to a larger pool of users.

I have a recipe build for development versions, using the same packaging information
as is used for 0.6 in Ubuntu. This builds on precise and quantal, and I'm using those
packages myself, so I'm confident that it works.

https://launchpad.net/~takluyver/+archive/labyrinth-dev

Testing:
========
Mark off items in the checklist [X] as you test them, but please leave the checklist so that backporters can quickly evaluate the state of testing.

You can test-build the backport in your PPA with backportpackage:
$ backportpackage -u ppa:<lp username>/<ppa name> -s raring -d precise labyrinth
$ backportpackage -u ppa:<lp username>/<ppa name> -s raring -d quantal labyrinth

* precise:
[X] Package builds without modification
[X] labyrinth installs cleanly and runs
* quantal:
[X] Package builds without modification
[X] labyrinth installs cleanly and runs

No reverse dependencies

Revision history for this message
Iain Lane (laney) wrote : Re: [Bug 1080138] [NEW] Please backport labyrinth 0.6-0ubuntu2 (universe) from raring

Hey,

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 06:30:06PM -0000, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> Public bug reported:
>
> Please backport labyrinth 0.6-0ubuntu2 (universe) from raring to
> precise, quantal.
>
> Reason for the backport:
> ========================
>
> Labyrinth is a user facing application that no other package depends on. I'd like to
> make the improvements in 0.6 available to a larger pool of users.
>
> I have a recipe build for development versions, using the same packaging information
> as is used for 0.6 in Ubuntu. This builds on precise and quantal, and I'm using those
> packages myself, so I'm confident that it works.
>
> https://launchpad.net/~takluyver/+archive/labyrinth-dev

Thanks for the request. It sounds fine in principle.

You say you've used the recipe builds, but have you tested the actual
backport that we'll be performing? That's the R package recompiled on
P/Q.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane [ <email address hidden> ]
Debian Developer [ <email address hidden> ]
Ubuntu Developer [ <email address hidden> ]

Revision history for this message
Thomas Kluyver (takluyver) wrote :

OK, you caught me being lazy ;-). They're just building in a new PPA: https://launchpad.net/~takluyver/+archive/backporttests

Revision history for this message
Thomas Kluyver (takluyver) wrote :

Both the builds have succeeded. I've confirmed that it installs and runs OK on precise. I can't test on quantal until Monday, but I can't see any reason that it wouldn't work.

Revision history for this message
Thomas Kluyver (takluyver) wrote :

And I can confirm that it installs and runs correctly in Quantal. I think that's everything, please let me know if I need to do anything else.

Revision history for this message
Thomas Kluyver (takluyver) wrote :

Ping @laney - I've tested the actual backported packages on P & Q, and they seemed fine. Anything else I need to do? Thanks!

Revision history for this message
Iain Lane (laney) wrote :

Oh yes, sorry! I've been bad with keeping up with the backports project lately :-/

However, your testing is fine so I'll upload this now. :-)

Revision history for this message
Thomas Kluyver (takluyver) wrote :

Cheers! Happy New Year. :-)

Iain Lane (laney)
Changed in precise-backports:
status: New → Fix Released
Changed in quantal-backports:
status: New → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers