Contacts should update in background (linking)

Reported by Brad Phillips on 2010-12-09
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
PPL
Medium
Bassel Safadi

Bug Description

The site should periodically update new contacts in the background.

completely agree...and, need settings for this as well.

Jon

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Brad Phillips <email address hidden>wrote:

> Public bug reported:
>
> The site should periodically update new contacts in the background.
>
> ** Affects: ppl
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of PPL
> Developers, which is subscribed to PPL.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/688325
>
> Title:
> Contacts should update in background
>

--
Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.187.1003.9974 (china)

+65.8330.5807 (singapore)

Changed in ppl:
importance: Undecided → Wishlist
status: New → Confirmed
Changed in ppl:
importance: Wishlist → High
importance: High → Medium

I think this should be moved back to 0.3. Once we have background passive actions, then we can rename this import at s *linking* accounts. Bassel, we need to discuss what this will take before I move it or we just do it.

Changed in ppl:
assignee: nobody → Bassel Safadi (bassel)
rejon (rejon) wrote :

Ok, we need to implement this type of linking. Basically, bassel and i talked. the only way to get contacts is javascript or phython or zend for php, which would be a new dependency for php running on a server.

Sooo, we could implement some flow control on google contact import, but better IMO to focus on a way to do some background task management after we get some use.

Then, with this, we will have the google contact stuff passively sync in the background upon login of a user. We have to make sure to not overload a session in PPL though.

Changed in ppl:
milestone: 0.2 → 0.3
summary: - Contacts should update in background
+ Contacts should update in background (linking)

Google contact sync always has to be done manually right?

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM, rejon <email address hidden> wrote:

> Ok, we need to implement this type of linking. Basically, bassel and i
> talked. the only way to get contacts is javascript or phython or zend
> for php, which would be a new dependency for php running on a server.
>
> Sooo, we could implement some flow control on google contact import, but
> better IMO to focus on a way to do some background task management after
> we get some use.
>
> Then, with this, we will have the google contact stuff passively sync in
> the background upon login of a user. We have to make sure to not
> overload a session in PPL though.
>
> ** Changed in: ppl
> Milestone: 0.2 => 0.3
>
> ** Summary changed:
>
> - Contacts should update in background
> + Contacts should update in background (linking)
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of PPL
> Developers, which is subscribed to PPL.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/688325
>
> Title:
> Contacts should update in background (linking)
>
> Status in PPL:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> The site should periodically update new contacts in the background.
>
>
>

rejon (rejon) wrote :

Because its via javascript right now...I think there is a way to solve
this, but for 0.3

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Christopher Adams <email address hidden> wrote:
> Google contact sync always has to be done manually right?
>
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM, rejon <email address hidden> wrote:
>
>> Ok, we need to implement this type of linking. Basically, bassel and i
>> talked. the only way to get contacts is javascript or phython or zend
>> for php, which would be a new dependency for php running on a server.
>>
>> Sooo, we could implement some flow control on google contact import, but
>> better IMO to focus on a way to do some background task management after
>> we get some use.
>>
>> Then, with this, we will have the google contact stuff passively sync in
>> the background upon login of a user. We have to make sure to not
>> overload a session in PPL though.
>>
>> ** Changed in: ppl
>>    Milestone: 0.2 => 0.3
>>
>> ** Summary changed:
>>
>> - Contacts should update in background
>> + Contacts should update in background (linking)
>>
>> --
>> You received this bug notification because you are a member of PPL
>> Developers, which is subscribed to PPL.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/688325
>>
>> Title:
>>   Contacts should update in background (linking)
>>
>> Status in PPL:
>>  Confirmed
>>
>> Bug description:
>>  The site should periodically update new contacts in the background.
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of PPL
> Developers, which is subscribed to PPL.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/688325
>
> Title:
>  Contacts should update in background (linking)
>

--
Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global)
+86.187.1003.9974 (china)
+65.8330.5807 (singapore)

Bassel Safadi (bassel) wrote :

yes there is a work around by:
1- registering the domain with google apps. now aikilab.com later joi.com
2- implementing php API for google Oauth (http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OAuth.html) which I started yesterday but not realistic before 0.3

rejon (rejon) wrote :

is this really needed? is it that bad to not have this for 0.3?

This fits better with the program for 0.4.

Changed in ppl:
milestone: 0.3 → 0.4
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers