Add a settings option to rescan thumbnails

Bug #1559363 reported by TenLeftFingers on 2016-03-19
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
podbird
Status tracked in Trunk
Devel
High
Nekhelesh Ramananthan
Trunk
High
Nekhelesh Ramananthan

Bug Description

I deleted the.cache (or was it.config) directory so Podbird would launch again but thumbnails are now gone for all podcasts and no way to fix. Also podcasts that have updated their images don't appear.

Related branches

Nekhelesh Ramananthan (nik90) wrote :

Thanks for the bug report. I think it is a valid request. I won't make promises, I will try to squeeze it into the upcoming v0.8 update.

Changed in podbird:
importance: Undecided → High
status: New → Triaged
assignee: nobody → Nekhelesh Ramananthan (nik90)

Thanks Nekhelesh, looking forward to it!

> On Mar 19 2016, at 4:15 pm, Nekhelesh Ramananthan
&lt;<email address hidden>&gt; wrote:

>

> Thanks for the bug report. I think it is a valid request. I won't make
promises, I will try to squeeze it into the upcoming v0.8 update.

>

> ** Changed in: podbird
   Importance: Undecided =&gt; High

>

> ** Changed in: podbird
       Status: New =&gt; Triaged
>

> ** Changed in: podbird
     Assignee: (unassigned) =&gt; Nekhelesh Ramananthan (nik90)
>

> \--
You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1559363

>

> Title:
  Add a settings option to rescan thumbnails

>

> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/podbird/+bug/1559363/+subscriptions

Nekhelesh Ramananthan (nik90) wrote :

I have fixed this partially for v0.8. I have added the setting to refresh podcast artwork which will *only* work for podcasts that you added via the search feature. Podcasts added by Url don't work. The reasoning is simple, the podcast feeds added via url don't follow a standard format and as such Podbird's parser is finding trouble fetching the new cover art. This is the best I could get done in the time we have.

Changed in podbird:
status: Triaged → In Progress

Fantastic, I'm very appreciative! I've never had reason to add by URL as
the search is very comprehensive.

On Saturday, March 19, 2016, Nekhelesh Ramananthan <email address hidden>
wrote:
> I have fixed this partially for v0.8. I have added the setting to
> refresh podcast artwork which will *only* work for podcasts that you
> added via the search feature. Podcasts added by Url don't work. The
> reasoning is simple, the podcast feeds added via url don't follow a
> standard format and as such Podbird's parser is finding trouble fetching
> the new cover art. This is the best I could get done in the time we
> have.
>
> ** Changed in: podbird
> Status: Triaged => In Progress
>
> ** Also affects: podbird/devel
> Importance: Undecided
> Status: New
>
> ** Also affects: podbird/trunk
> Importance: High
> Assignee: Nekhelesh Ramananthan (nik90)
> Status: In Progress
>
> ** Changed in: podbird/devel
> Status: New => In Progress
>
> ** Changed in: podbird/trunk
> Status: In Progress => Triaged
>
> ** Changed in: podbird/devel
> Importance: Undecided => High
>
> ** Changed in: podbird/devel
> Assignee: (unassigned) => Nekhelesh Ramananthan (nik90)
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1559363
>
> Title:
> Add a settings option to rescan thumbnails
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/podbird/+bug/1559363/+subscriptions
>

Nekhelesh Ramananthan (nik90) wrote :

I recently have removed the iTunes restrictions. It should now work with *all* podcasts period.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Related questions