Mysql Connector to PDO Connector Conversion
The idea of this development conversion is to move as many query elements from php based methods to wrapped PDO methods. Meaning, as many old methods needs to call PDO features rather. It should always be kept in mind that backwards compatibility is essential.
This development cycle will be viewed as successful if PHPDevShell is fully operational under the PDO connector. This development cycle DOES NOT include making PHPDevShell on the 3 major (sqlite, mysql, postgre) databases, but does include making it possible to do an alternative connection to one of these databases.
For the development cycle success we will;
1. Make PHPDevShell work on the PDO database layer.
2. Move as many PHPDS_query methods over to call PDO methods where possible.
3. Maintain backwards compatibility.
4. Support both :foo, bar: (PDO native) and %(foo)s, %(bar) (PHPDS native).
5. New configuration connection string will be required.
Thanks for all your time those who will be involved in this process. Also thank you Don for investing in PHPDevShell for this leap forward and your willingness for both the documentation and the completion of this project.