The mysql crashes and restarts when I run 100 warehouses dbt2 test on the data recovered by the Xtrabackup(0.8, 0.9, 0.9.5rc) tool.
Here are the steps to repeat the bug:
1. Clear the data/log directory, start MySQL
2. Generate 100 warehouses DBT2 data, load to MySQL(sp included).
3. Run dbt2 test on it
4. Do Xtrabackup hotbackup while dbt2 test running
5. After backup completed, shutdown mysql and remove its original data/logs, kill dbt2 test.
6. Do Xtrabackup apply log and copy back
7. Start the Mysql again, and it seems work well, but ...
8. Run the dbt2 test again, unfortunately the mysql crashed and restart.
I also tested hotbackup while no dbt2 test or 1 warehouses dbt2 test, no crash happens in these cases. It seems that the Xtrabackup hot backup tool can't work perfectly with heavy workloads.